Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V6 Cup (R) - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

V6 Cup (R)

So after a not to long a wait my V6 Cup arrived. it has a couple of additions not normally seen on a road car :smoke:

IMG_20141009_110232652_HDR_zpsde7bae1a.j

On the line at Lotus

IMG_20141017_082740918_HDR_zps01d92532.j

Nearly a complete car

IMG_20141106_085149169_HDR_zpsa5c76243.j

Off to motorsport for some extras

IMG_20141107_082304219_zps6c5a709c.jpg

Ohlins TTX fitted

IMG_20141111_083812664_HDR_zps2fb8af6c.j

Cup R engine cover

IMG_20141121_115421566_HDR_zpsde43f916.j

Uprights for rear wing

IMG_20141121_115542640_HDR_zpse62c09d1.j

Front splitter

IMG_0529_zps3ab8d309.jpg

First fill up, all shinny and new

IMG_0530_zpsa5bc8254.jpg

36 hours later after 750 mile :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So this is a V6 Cup with Ohlins TTX and CupR aero kit?

Looks wonderfully out of place on the road!

Apart from looking great, the carbon bonnet cover should save at least 20kgs which is like having aircon for free with interest. Looks like standard air box. I'm guessing that if there was a way to get the CupR intake mod you've have it?

One day I might man-up and do the same to my car.

I'm very interested to know what the Ohlins are like on the road?

thanks for posting!

:thumbup:

Currently the TTX are to stiff. Once the car is back from 1st service I'll have a play with the settings but already know that they will be lovely once backed off. Even though they are set to firm you can feel the quality of the ride if that makes sense. 

The air intake from the cup R isn't available as yet, that and it adds a fair amount of charger noise to the car which may be a problem at some trackdays that have tight noise restrictions. A standard Exige can fall fool of sound meters as we all saw at Zolder so will wait till the factory launch an official power upgrade kit hopefully in the not to distant future.

Thanks. Good to know you can keep the boot as well as have the rear wing. I thought all that had to come out when you fit the wing stays.

The key point for me will be how much you can soften the dampers. I was told by the factory that they are around 10% stiffer than the nitrons, which isn't a huge amount. If the range of adjustment is wider that could mean a better ride which would be the ideal situation. I remember that the Cup260 actually rode better on Ohlins than the standard car - the ideal win/win scenario. However it was too big a call to make without trying them so stuck with the Nitrons. Very happy with them to date I have to say.

Out of interest how do you adjust the Ohlins? Do you have to get it up on a ramp? One of the things I like about the Nitrons is how easy they are to play with thanks to the remote reservoirs.

When I looked at fitting the R wing/Aero was told by the Motorsport Department that the downside was that the engine cover was not watertight so when left standing in rain water would get into the engine bay/luggage area.

So decided against it.

When I looked at fitting the R wing/Aero was told by the Motorsport Department that the downside was that the engine cover was not watertight so when left standing in rain water would get into the engine bay/luggage area.

So decided against it.

That is true, it isn't water tight nor secure as it is only held with aero catches.

Out of interest how do you adjust the Ohlins? Do you have to get it up on a ramp? One of the things I like about the Nitrons is how easy they are to play with thanks to the remote reservoirs.

Very, the adjusters are both together at the bottom of the dampener. With the Nitron you have one on the reservoir and one on the bottom of the dampener, if they are two way.

This car wasn't bought solely as a road car. It will live primarily on the track and as such the focus is somewhat different from your average owner. Eventually it will end up being full cup R spec if I ever get enough cash together for the box conversion. I just wanted it to be road legal for the odd occasion that I wanted to take it out on a run and also easier when checking set ups etc. That all said if your buying a cup then, to me a least, it makes sense to shed as much weight as possible and the engine cover removes it from high up on the car. All the aero pack works, you can feel the car settle when road speed rises, less twitchy. The trofeo's are awesome as well, nothing seems to faze them. Weather over the weekend was terrible, lots of standing water etc but nothing upset the grip even when I thought it would. So far a stunning package.

Thanks, I know where the adjusters are. I can see them in the pic also, I was wondering how you get to them. I imagine turning the front wheels at full lock is necessary, but how do you get to the ones at the back?

Loving it Mike!  :D

That is true, it isn't water tight nor secure as it is only held with aero catches.

Suppose if you were desperate to keep your damp stuff at least a wee bit secure you get lockable aero catches.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/bonnet-pins-fasteners/aerocatch-panel-fasteners

Thanks, I know where the adjusters are. I can see them in the pic also, I was wondering how you get to them. I imagine turning the front wheels at full lock is necessary, but how do you get to the ones at the back?

reach round the wheel, will try it when I get the car back.

Pits, my experience.

Fronts are a snap ..... rears not so much.  

Very difficult (I think impossible) to get to the two knobs w/o removing the rear wheel.  Easy on a lift with wheels mounted.

As you can see from this photo ....

post-7947-0-59076900-1417633161.jpg

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

By the way, Mike .... I, too, love your car!  Drive it in the best of health.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Thanks Jack, as I suspected. Looks like you have to get the rear under tray off too so it's probably easier to remove the rear wheels. No biggie for the average club racer.

The Nitrons are much easier to adjust compression damping thanks to the remote reservoirs but adjusting the rebound is also tricky at the back as it's at the bottom of the shock too.

I love those rear wishbones, I would like one to hang on the wall of my garage!

Jonny, I can get to the knobs w/o removing the under tray when the car is in the air on my stacker.  It is virtually impossible to get to the adjustment knobs by reaching around the the rear wheel and getting you hand through the opening between the under tray and suspension bits when you are on your back and  the car is on the ground .... Mike will find out soon enough.  ;)

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Looks fantastic! Great to see someone have the balls to make these upgrades!

With the rear wing installed, is the rear boot usuable? Can you actually put stuff in and get it out easily? Putting aside the water tightness...

www.alias23.com

the engine cover is a bit of a faff but straight forward enough. It isn't hinged but secured at the top edge by 2 pins into the top rail so you have to remove it to gain access to the boot. The boot is now a bit narrower due to the uprights for the spoiler but there is still usable space in there if you so desire.

Thanks.

Now what's your profile pic all about? It's very distracting! Do you oil your good Lady's bum to make it easier for her to get in and out of the car? Novel solution to the old ingress/egress issue!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, right above Top Cat's stunning MSG V6S also for sale with next to no miles.

Two really nice cars belonging to members here who both seemed very happy with them as far as I was aware.

I can't help but wonder why they are selling so soon? The depreciation must only seem worse without the benefit of having enjoyed the car to the full. Surely the car above could be offered for sale around that level with 10,000 miles on it? There doesn't seem to be much benefit to the seller for getting out so early.

Jeezzzz I do wish this car would have come up for sale a few weeks ago, what with all the upgrades I've been doing lately I would have been best to sell mine and buy this! Bloody bargain price!

www.alias23.com