Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Front Bumper - '87 HCi - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Front Bumper - '87 HCi

I have a USA model Esprit that suffers from the dreaded wavy front bumper. About the only way I knew to repair was to just replace with a bumper from SJ which is a European bumper. Came in looking great but the mounting points are totally different that the USA bumper.

Can anyone let me know how these European bumpers are mounted? Pictures would be most helpful too!

Thanks,

Tad

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY 82 turbo is bolted in front of the light pods. my late S3 is bolted through the sides right on the end of the front wings a devil to get at.

Did you have a hard time getting it off? I tried getting mine off lately and chickened out, with all the nuts removed, it didn't want to go. Just curious.

it does seem from the pictures that something is missing, sorry I know it doesn't help.

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have any problem but perhaps I was lucky because I have heard of others having problems.

Did you remove all of the nuts? Mine had 8 total. There was also some sealant type goo around the holes in the body work that held the bumper on even with all the nuts removed. A slight tug popped the bumper off.

Tad

Thanks for the info, yes I had every nuts off but since mine is in good shape and the reason I wanted it off was not good enough to risk scrapping it, I left it there.

Luc

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

• 4 months later...

Hi Tad,

I have exactly the same car and the same bumper issue.

How did you manage to fit the SJ bumper,

did you have to drill new holes in the body?

( I' d like to know before ordering mine mine ...)

Also , have you kept the SJ bumper part number

for there seems to be several different available bumpers...

Regards

Bernard