Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Upgrading from N/A to S - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Upgrading from N/A to S

My N/a Evora IPS is 3 years Old this Spring - end of warranty, If is was to look to modifica my car up th include supercharging, would you Go for the Lotus standard modificati on - via a dell'era is assume, and some Order alternative. Suggestions/ideas welcome. Even don't be daft don't do it!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, replaying an old song, if you can get hold of one (SH), I suggest trying a Radium intake with the Lotus sports exhaust as a far simpler and cheaper boost.  Approaches 300 bhp.  I got a - TDI measured - 300 with my "enhanced Radium".  Lots (and lots!) of stuff to read about it on here.  More than one thread.

Swap it for an S if that's what you really want.

When I sold my NA in September the dealers were all wanting NAs as they had lists of people waiting for them. I sold my car to the main dealer for roughly what I'd have got privately and he'd got a buyer within hours.

I've spent 5 week in an NA IPS and the 2 years in my S IPS. I wouldn't bother uypgrading, i felt the NA was more fun and felt more sporty and easily quick enough. Modding a car in th way you are thinknig about will not be cheap and at some point you'll be selling a modified NA Evora. Buyers on the used market are always wary of modded cars.

The raduim kit seems the best option to me, more power but without big mods (which are also reversible)

Radium discontinued they CAI kit, the BOE CAI is available and doesn't cause issues on the IPS ( or any models) cars.

If you can find a Radium the sound and HP gains are divine.  While the purveyor of a competing intake says that the Radium is not good for an IPS and is of course inferior to his product, he can offer no proof to support his fearmongering.  I have no idea why he continues to beat his chest regarding a competitor that doesn't even manufacture a competing product any longer but such is life.

Jusr get the Komotec airbox and stay out of the US wars between BOE and Radium

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Problem is it is significantly more expensive than a BOE/Radium is it not?  Also think that a BOE would be very cheap since the dollar is still weak, though gaining, against the pound.  Also, as someone on the US board pointed out, BMC makes an air intake for the Evora.  Has anyone had any experience with it?  

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/air-intake-systems%2fcda-carbon-dynamic-airbox/accdasp-55_d1241_1.aspx

Problem is it is significantly more expensive than a BOE/Radium is it not?  Also think that a BOE would be very cheap since the dollar is still weak, though gaining, against the pound.  Also, as someone on the US board pointed out, BMC makes an air intake for the Evora.  Has anyone had any experience with it?  

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/air-intake-systems%2fcda-carbon-dynamic-airbox/accdasp-55_d1241_1.aspx

But the Komotec airbox looks much better (carbon) and it is significantly larger, giving a better airflow.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 3 weeks later...