Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
error code 41 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

error code 41

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I and getting error code 41 with my 93 se, looks like 41 is the crank trigger. Anyone had problems with this in the past? Where can i find the sensor on the motor?

Ernie

The crank trigger is mounted to the top of the bellhousing on the transaxle, just above the flywheel. Remove the bolt pointed to by the arrow, the trigger lifts straight up. It is long and tubular underneath, and there is an o-ring on it, so it tends to be very stiff to pull out. They are easy to break when removing/installing the trans, other than that they are generally reliable.

2gt5apu.jpg

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

• 7 months later...

Hello!

I use a jumper on ALDL connector and I got flash Code 41 too!

Did you got the error code fixed with the new flywheel sensor, Ernie?

Jukka

Jukka Angerpuro

• 3 weeks later...

After replacing a flywheel sensor I still got the check engine light? :cheers:

The light is not always on and it doesn't matter if the engine is cold or warm.

I have already checked the wirings and vacuum system and I think there is no leak.

I don't have a free scan.

Any help would be great!

Greetings

Jukka

Jukka Angerpuro

Code 41 will be set if the ECM does not receive a signal from the Direct Ignition module for four successive engine revolutions. The EMH manual suggests that an intermittent may be caused by a poor connection or insulation breakdown on the wiring between the DI module and the ECM.

Mike

Hi Jukka,

Mike is absolutely right. If it is not the crank sensor, then your DI-module is faulty. Just replace it. Its a common GM-part.

Cheers

Marcus

After replacing a flywheel sensor I still got the check engine light? :)

The light is not always on and it doesn't matter if the engine is cold or warm.

I have already checked the wirings and vacuum system and I think there is no leak.

I don't have a free scan.

Any help would be great!

Greetings

Jukka

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

• 1 month later...
Hi Jukka,

Mike is absolutely right. If it is not the crank sensor, then your DI-module is faulty. Just replace it. Its a common GM-part.

Cheers

Marcus

The module is a common "GM type" but it is unique to Lotus unfortunatley. There is a pin/curcuit that is only used in the Lotus application that I believe has somthing to do with engine speed feed back to the ECU.

I had a similar problem looking for the GM part equivalant to the Lotus part and found there is no such animal. I checked electrical schematics from all GM four cylinder applications of the late 80's and early 90's to find one that utilized the particular curcuit that the Lotus module used and found none. :crybaby: You can run a GM module but it will throw an engine code for the lack of the engine speed signal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Troy Halliday

Ah sorry to hear that mate. Have you checked the continuity accross the ecm connection to make sure it is all good. Have you tried cleanig the terminals with some electrical cleaner?

Ah sorry to hear that mate. Have you checked the continuity accross the ecm connection to make sure it is all good. Have you tried cleanig the terminals with some electrical cleaner?

Yes, I have checked the wires with tester and cleaned all connectors and terminals. DI output is steady 5 volts when ignition is on and it's about the same when I start the engine... so... faulty ECM???

Jukka

Jukka Angerpuro