Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Radiator change? - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Radiator change?

brianc

My 3 row went in in the original frame, must just be different suppliers.    Don't put a time scale on the job. that way misery lies and a whole lot of spanner rash!!!!   Its the rusty bolts and fittings that will slow you down.

• Gold FFM

Mines out - 2 cans of cider - 1.5 hours of chewing the fat with my chum and some colourful language...... One pile of busted fiesta fans on the floor and a rad.

Off to hereford radiators Monday for a refurb..... 3 new hi flow fans off eBay........should be back together Thursday night at the latest......

I think I was lucky with the tray at the bottom being partly snapped off in the past.......

Undo the hoses - disconnect fan wires.... Shear the bolts off on the side of the rad frame and just slide down and out.

Life's a good un. Stainless bolts and some stainless hose clips and all will be well.......

What's the best coolant / inhibitor to bang in once it's back water tight?

Don't reckon the aircon will be working anytime soon though ....... The belts missing off the pump.......ho hum - that's a job for the future maybe..........

Fancy a v8 esprit next though - so maybe not

Regards

Barry

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Rad at rebuild today - back tomorrow - should refit Wednesday

Upgraded to a 3 core - and he's going to fit into the existing frame - which they are also going to repair

How did the oilcooler go?

Only here once