Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2015 Concorde Photoshoot with your car! - Page 4 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2015 Concorde Photoshoot with your car!

2:28 - Neil Atterbury - 340r

^ Can you please make sure you pay the photographer within the next 7 days or we'll release your slot to the reserve list. Thanks. 

Apologies Bibs and Malcom for the silence, work has somewhat swamped things, I should have pulled the plug sooner but pleased that someone has stepped into the breech. Maybe next year....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey

I'm getting somewhat nervous about the Brooklands meet as my V8 repair man suffered a personal loss last week and the completion date for on the road has shifted back at least a week. That means it might be back on the road for Friday or Saturday which is cutting it mighty fine for Sunday :-s

So if anybody wants to climb on the reserve list for my spot, please put yourself forward.

These things happen...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Can all Concorde photo people please print this off, fill it out and bring it along with you.

Show it to the marshal when you arrive and they'll direct you to the parking and then leave it in your car (on the seat, face up please) so we can see your number if required. Thanks.

Untitleddocument.pdf

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm happy to give up my slot now the Turbo won't be coming. I've got some great shots from last year and I've got too many Exige photos as it is! I've paid in full but that's a matter for me and Malcolm.

Hey hey

I'm getting somewhat nervous about the Brooklands meet as my V8 repair man suffered a personal loss last week and the completion date for on the road has shifted back at least a week. That means it might be back on the road for Friday or Saturday which is cutting it mighty fine for Sunday :-s

So if anybody wants to climb on the reserve list for my spot, please put yourself forward.

These things happen...

Malcolm/Bibs

I am not going to make this now unfortunately. I have just been to see the car and there is no way the repairs are going to be finished this week. It won't get to paint before the start of next week at the earliest.

<sigh>

So please can you release my 2:28pm spot to the Elan Man or whoever is next in line. Presumably we can sort the money out - should they pay me or will you give me have a refund Malcolm?

I really hope that we can do this again next year, perhaps I can have a first dibs reserve spot on that if it does happen? ;-)

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Call me a bitch but I don't think there should be any refunds. This is a much-anticipated popular event and getting a refund means there is no disincentive to book a space when you know you can just cancel a few days beforehand without penalty. It makes organisation a pain in the ass.

<bows>

I agree in principle but that means you'll get a shot of Alan and I standing underneath Concorde! When there are other people who'd like the slots it makes sense to make them available. In the event that there are no takers for the vacant slots, then fair enough.

• Like 1

I agree in principle but that means you'll get a shot of Alan and I standing underneath Concorde! When there are other people who'd like the slots it makes sense to make them available. In the event that there are no takers for the vacant slots, then fair enough.

Well, that may still be pretty cool! I'd quite like a shot of me standing under Concorde. Maybe I'll go in place of my car.

I won't call you a bitch Jason :-p

Awwwww fanx ;)

All I meant was - coz I used to organise loads of events for random people - if there was no disincentive against late cancellation then people often booked up knowing that, even if they cancelled the day before, they'd get a full refund. So they'd book "speculatively" or they'd book and then make other arrangements or they'd end up planning other things that may or may not finish on time, secure in the knowledge that no matter what happened, if they cancelled their place on the event I was organising there would be no penalty. These were often events where I'd hired out a whole hotel for two nights and were a major logistical challenge with a lot of people disappointed they didn't make the original booking deadlines - which they WOULD have made had the "speculative bookers" never booked in the first place.

But yep I get that "these things happen" and obviously none of the stories above are because of "better things have come up" because, well, what could be more awesomatious? :D

I'm hashtag justsayin.

Can all Concorde photo people please print this off, fill it out and bring it along with you.

Show it to the marshal when you arrive and they'll direct you to the parking and then leave it in your car (on the seat, face up please) so we can see your number if required. Thanks.

This one piece of paper has suddenly turned this into a major drama. Will spares be available if we forget it by accident on the day? I mean, I've printed it out and will attempt to remember to put it in Dexter between now and then, but I'll have no access to a printer from Saturday morning. I am embarking upon the 3,800 mile journey from Fife to Surrey without my portable printing press...

There will be spares available on the day #notforyoutthough :P

Gareth & Kevin, please contact Jonny and Alan respectively to take (buy!) their places from them. Please let me know when this is done so I can update the master list :)

Kevin, you need to upgrade your forum account too - www.thelotusforums.com/forums/store

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Engineers and Scientists worked for years to overcome mans quest to buld an airliner which could fly at twice the speed of sound.

TLF members struggle to print an email and put a note in their diary to ensure that they remember 'said' note on a particular day  :thumbup:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Engineers and Scientists worked for years to overcome mans quest to buld an airliner which could fly at twice the speed of sound.

TLF members struggle to print an email and put a note in their diary to ensure that they remember 'said' note on a particular day  :thumbup:  :rofl:

One has to remember to take 'said' note from office to home. And then from home to car. This is VERY complicated.

There's enough shit in my diary without notes about remembering extra bits of paper :P

• Like 2

You're *so* thoughtful, Bibs. It's one of your many qualities that I truly admire. Thank you.

Anyway, the damned bit of paper - complete with my mobile number in BIG RED NUMBERS so every Tom, Dick & Harry can find out the private contact details for the owner of the world's only (although that *may* not be true anymore <gasp>) matt black Evora - is now in my bag ready to take home.

50% of the task is complete. Phew.