Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 57 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

Woohoo. Lovely pair there!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Do you think there will a readjustment of MSRP in USA with the current exchange rates?

That alone could be the what sways me toward a new 400...  Any word on if Lotus will do any customer loyalty rebates?

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

3 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Isn't that one, one of the two car that went on a US dealer tour a few months ago.

That could be both of them.  I too wonder what if any adjustment in price there may be at this point as well.

What is the US RRP before local taxes? I'm curious how that compares to the UK RRP before VAT.

I doubt Lotus will adjust it at this stage as currencies are always in flux and now is a particularly volatile time!

According to the Lotus website, once choosing USA as the country of choice, it says 91,900 now. The USA order form from last year (when I placed my order) had 89,900 as the price of the car before tax or any options.  I'll be holding my dealer to the 89,900 starting price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ccd said:

I checked the US site.  Did not see the price, but did see that the Evora gained some pounds in order to be federalized

How many pounds?  The site, as per usual, is a mess, but if you switch to the US site, and scroll down, you'll see a white Evora 400 under the Heading Lotus Evora Range, and the price is noted there.  If you click explore it takes you to a page that looks.... still under construction-y.:devil:

On July 6, 2016 at 00:49, DaveC72 said:

Saw this up on Faceache yesterday:
I would guess that means things are getting pretty imminent for our American members :)

Yeah, I think those are the Euro spec cars that were making their way around the country before. Doesn't look like they have the beautiful amber front side reflectors that are required here, lol.

If you go to the US site and select the Evora under model range and scroll down, you will see the specs on the Evora.  Weight is listed at 3138 lbs.  The UK site lists weight as 1395 kilogram or 3069 lbs so the Evora appears to have gained 69 lbs as part of getting federalized

It's probably the supersized cinnamon latte's and pancakes with syrup they've been feeding it on over there.

It'll still say it's a size small though! ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

the 1395 kilo was always the manual, the auto adding enough to go over 1400 kg (don't recall the exact amount, but want to say it was in the 40 lbs range).  Wonder if the 3138 spec is for manual or auto...   If you look at the area I was referring to for the US starting price, you'll notice the explore page looks like its not ready for prime time, so I'm not confident that Lotus is putting up like for like on their specs from UK to US, etc. 

Honestly, 1 half awake webmaster should be able to keep that site current and presentable.  It's crazy to me that Lotus NEEDS the US market in order to be profitable, and the US sports car buyer is looking at websites for information.  Like it or not, that same buyer is going to form an opinion about the product in part by the experience they have researching the product on the manufacturer's site.

33 minutes ago, 99Problems said:

Honestly, 1 half awake webmaster should be able to keep that site current and presentable.  It's crazy to me that Lotus NEEDS the US market in order to be profitable, and the US sports car buyer is looking at websites for information.  Like it or not, that same buyer is going to form an opinion about the product in part by the experience they have researching the product on the manufacturer's site.

I agree.  This is really just kind of...  well..   pathetic.  I'm sorry to be so offensive, but there is just no excuse for it.  Talk about "under construction"..  there is a URL on the page that references itself.  Spectacular.  :-/ 

It just feeds the stigma that Lotus is all over the place and can't get its stuff together. 

On the plus side...  at least it isn't "dishonest" which is the only thing worse that it could be..  you know..  like the Tesla website.  Now there is a load of bull.  :-P

Bibs, after selecting US as the market:  http://www.lotuscars.com/lotus-evora-range

Yup.  I'm excited as hell to get my 400 (have been since placing the order last year), but that website does more to hurt Lotus's reputation in the US then help, that's what I find frustrating as a newly converted Lotus fan.  You hate to see a company you like and respect for what they actually produce  shoot themselves in the foot over something so basic in today's day an age as online marketing. 

ESPECIALLY a small brand that is not going to have the marketing dollars to go out and recruit.  For christ sake, have something decent when someone has gone through the effort of seeking you out and landing on your page.  Hell, even Spyker has a far better web presence than Lotus, and they don't sell a fraction of the cars Lotus does, went through bankruptcy, made a huge Saab mistake, etc.  And even they can get their Sh*t together on a website by comparison.

I rant because I love...

Do you see a yellow 400 or a white one?    The page we are speaking of has a white one..  and very very little else of note on the page.  Here..  I grabbed a screen cap.  * begin sarcasm* Look at all the detailed info for US customers!

USA_page_400.jpg

Edited by hyteck9

17 hours ago, hyteck9 said:

Looks good!

Oh man..  I'm sorry...  I didn't put nearly enough attitude in to that reply.  Shame on me.  Let me try again.  What I meant to say was...

Looks good!    ....  Now where is my car!!!!

• Like 1

Bibs, Any word on the US spec cars making land fall?  US based forum has some people reporting that their dealer told them the cars are on a boat, which I find suspect, since my dealer apparently still can't get an ETA for delivery.

2 hours ago, 99Problems said:

Bibs, Any word on the US spec cars making land fall?  US based forum has some people reporting that their dealer told them the cars are on a boat, which I find suspect, since my dealer apparently still can't get an ETA for delivery.

99P,   Lotus is operating on the "Surprise Party" format.  They will show up with your car at your home unexpectedly with balloons and a little cake decorated as the Lotus symbol.  :-P      Don't leave the house for the next 6 months or so...  or you might miss it!  hahaha

• Like 1

<_<  Yeah.  Honestly, I can't blame my dealership, as all 3 I've dealt with in the order saga had trouble getting info from Lotus, not sure why.  But that having been said, IF the homo-ligation is all done, then Lotus HQ must be able to give dealers/ customers with pre-orders a delivery ETA.  Makes no sense to me that some dealers are telling people the cars are built and on the boat already, while others apparently haven't heard a peep.  I asked my dealer to inquire again, because if the late August date that they were last given is still based in SOME amount of reality, then they have to have a delivery eta by now.  How could a dealer network and a car manufacturer function without communicating where product is in the production/delivery cycle?

Maybe the obvious answer is someone's dealership is talking Shyte, and HQ hasn't said anything because the cars still can't be exported to the US..

It is beyond frustrating sometimes... but especially now.  I'm getting ready to close the deal on a new property, and a 'sudden' $90,000 US financial obligation would be the death of everything.  It would be nice to be able to plan out such things, but by hook or by crook, that is a courtesy not available from Lotus at this time.

• Like 1