Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ANOTHER S1 BACK ON THE ROAD today after 18 years! - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

ANOTHER S1 BACK ON THE ROAD today after 18 years!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Gorgeous car, in one of the nicest colours for the S1, but that S2 spoiler has got to go. Kills the lines and wedge shape of the car, especially side on. And that's coming from an S2 owner!

If it were mine I would make it a mission and get it done. Would look so much better.

Have I mentioned that I love the colour? S1 looks even more futuristic in that shade of silver. I guess it wasn't for nothing that the original show car was like this.

Phil I love it. Any chance I can persuade you to bring it to Chatsworth for the Lotus in the Peak event in July? Winners is bringing his!

I just love s1 Esprits.

By the way did any of you s1 owners & lovers see the comment I put on the Lotus in the Peak thread? about the famous s1 now owned by a very famous comic/actor? Is it common knowledge?

Edited by deanb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have I mentioned that I love the colour? S1 looks even more futuristic in that shade of silver. I guess it wasn't for nothing that the original show car was like this.

So futuristic they had a spaceman on the show stand!

18336838579_68017a1df4_c.jpg

Will any car ever look as big a leap forward in design again?

By the way did any of you s1 owners & lovers see the comment I put on the Lotus in the Peak thread? about the famous s1 now owned by a very famous comic/actor? Is it common knowledge?

No, just spill it, subtlety doesn't really work on this forum ^_^

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Wonder if he'll keep it longer than Chris Evans kept his?

When I bought my Esprit from Scott Walker two years ago, he told me that the designer at the factory just pipped Steve Coogan to the post for the White S1 he had for sale.

Just glad you kept it that way - most would have been tempted to retrofit the front bib spoiler and the wheels to S1 spec, especially someone who wanted a Bond replica. This is a seriously important S1, I wish it was mine, a piece of history. Hats of to you.

Very best regards

Bill

Edited by RedEspritS2

• 1 month later...

Best of luck in getting it back on the road. There are a lot of us on here that have undergone full restorations so dont be afraid to ask us anything that might help you out.

Phil

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

6 months on....

Ok so Ive now done 300 miles in my car since being back on the road and should clock up another 100 on Sunday as were going to capesthorne car show in her and then another 300 mile round trip to Cosby in September to see the Vulcan flyby. The slight oil leak sounds like its coming from the powerspark dizzy having just read that other owners have the same issue and Ive tracked the tiny gearbox oil leak to the drain plug. Once I get to a 1000 miles I will get a torque wrench on everything. The most annoying feature is a loud squeek that sounds like fibreglass flexing or rubbing. Its only noticeable at slow speeds on rough roads and I can reproduce it slightly by bouncing the front right of the car....might be the rubber bumper thing on top of the damper....Drivers door window is getting even slower now so the relay modification suggested elsewhere on this forum is on the list of jobs to do along with checking the framework curve in case Ive got some of the spacers wrong.

Good news is that having read about the firey downfall of other Esprits I have now fitted a lifeline fire extinguisher system under the engine cover with a trigger in the cockpit. Hopefully I wont ever need to test it. Satellite tracking system also now installed and again hopefully I wont ever need to use it but at least I can test it without covering the engine bay with foam.

Still get a silly grin on my face when taking her out and might even fit the baby seat on Sunday so my little girl can ride shotgun with Daddy.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Practical Classics mag have launched their restoration of the year award for another year and Im proud to say that my Esprit is one of the nominations. The top ten cars will appear at the Practical Classics show at the NEC in March so if anyone fancies seeing an S1 there feel free to vote accordingly.

Cheers

Phil

http://www.restoreroftheyear.co.uk/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Gold FFM

A nice present from the wife just arrived in the post today. 👍😁

340248E8-AB10-4549-97D0-C42D87BA220A.jpeg

6C859A46-D0ED-4BB9-BCB6-F3E0ADDA71F5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!