Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
50 shades of 'Military Grey' - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

50 shades of 'Military Grey'

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the pictures!  Can't wait to collect it, I've not driven the car since collection as waiting for the film to be fitted.

In some of those pictures it look like Motorsport Green to me and in others it looks a bit like Carbon Grey.  :smoke:

Rob did say the paintwork is much better than Lotus of old so that's a good sign! Quality improvements can only be good.

• Like 2

I really like that Tony, I do. But I'm just too much of a philistine to get why you'd have a new car detailed - but then my cars usually only get washed once a year when they're serviced!

I really like that Tony, I do. But I'm just too much of a philistine to get why you'd have a new car detailed - but then my cars usually only get washed once a year when they're serviced!

I've decided to film my front clam and when I collected the car I could see scratches all over it (guess the dealers cleaner doesn't worry too much about this) and it just seemed crazy to me to just cover then up (it's like putting film over stone chips).  I would always know they are there so why not get them removed before fitting the film.  Slightly OCD I'm sure but if I hadn't done the detail it would always niggle me.

• Like 1

That looks fantastic. Does Rob do the whole lot including the wrapping?

We always get the cars detailed as soon after purchase as possible, the difference between factory delivery and post detailing is night and day. With the modern treatments the cars are a lot easier to clean too.

We got the LF1 details, excellent job, but already the swirls are coming back and polishing every wash is a bit too much effort. I have been considering a film protection - maybe this is the time?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

That looks fantastic. Does Rob do the whole lot including the wrapping?

No, Rob just does the detailing, the car is going around the corner for the wrapping, it's not far.  I trust them to drive the car accordingly as they have been absolutely professional about everything so far.

Just chatted to Rob, did not realise that  it was Wombat doing the wrapping. I think I may put this on the LF1.

Yep, apparently my car is now at Wombat.  Once the front clam is wrapped Rob said he'd go back over and Crystal Rock the film  :unworthy:

When are you picking it up Tony? I might pop down this week and take a look myself :)

Don't know yet, can't imagine it will be before Thursday, could be Friday/Saturday as Rob wan't to crystal rock the film after fitting.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all! I'm currently building a motorcycle and I've been rather obsessed with this particular color for my gas tank, (Lotus military grey) Could anyone help me find the paint code? I'm having a hell of a time finding it.

Cheers!

n

As I said in the other thread. I'll have a look this weekend and try and et you the paint code.

Tony

Ps any pics of the bike??