Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cross reference or source for Bosch 0 280 120 313 Throttle Position Sensor - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cross reference or source for Bosch 0 280 120 313 Throttle Position Sensor

Mrbmist

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this is from a K-Jet system its likely not a "real" throttle position sensor but a simple switch. There is a micro-switch inside the casing which can be replaced.

Not sure about US cars though, might use a different system.

@Andyww-

Yes it's a K-Jet system. Continuity at idle, then break for 30°, and then Continuity to WOT. So I believe it is more of a switch. I will see if I can open the casing and see if I can repair it while I search for a replacement. Can't hurt its already not working. I will repost with what I find...

Let us know what you find, pictures would be nice too!

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

Following up on this post.

I was able to open the case of the Throttle position sensor and replace the switch inside, (lower right little white rectangle). I attached a picture of the internals of the switch. The internals are pretty much the same on this style of Bosch style Throttle position sensors. I was able to use a switch from a Fiat unit I had on hand. Works perfect. Thanks for the suggestion.

Note: The Lotus Throttle position sensor / axis right-hand turning... The Fiat and other Bosch Models are axis left-hand turning.

Also I created a test plug using an old sensor plug (depicted). Makes testing much easier.

post-18392-0-56209100-1429187803.jpg

Edited by Mrbmist

Good man!

Thank for the pictures, where did you get the switch?

Luc

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

• 8 years later...