Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
7th June LEGS Breakfast meet @ The Fennel Restaurant, Inverurie - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

7th June LEGS Breakfast meet @ The Fennel Restaurant, Inverurie

I really enjoyed my first LEGS event and had the joy of following the "older" Europa's on the way out and back again - boy those things look really fun to drive and handle really really well - hat's off, most impressive.

The noise of the two V8 Esprit's was just glorious and the years have been kind to the shape - they still look gorgeous supercars. I know there is probably a really good technical reason for not doing it, but I am sure that Esprit V8 would have made the Evora a sublime sounding car with some real upgradable grunt too.   :huh:

Hi Andy, Glad you enjoyed the trip ! - I was aware of you behind me and that you left just after Fettercairn, us old Lotus Europa boys ( I think only 2 Europa S2's in Scotland) we  have to work a bit harder :) Its the old Chapman thingy,

Hi Andy, Glad you enjoyed the trip ! - I was aware of you behind me and that you left just after Fettercairn, us old Lotus Europa boys ( I think only 2 Europa S2's in Scotland) we  have to work a bit harder :) Its the old Chapman thingy,

Hi Mike,

Having followed you home a couple of times I know you can pedal that car briskly.   :driving: Never any consideration that you were holding me up so I know where Andy is coming from!

That other one next to yours in the car park looks like is is much lower than yours and I think yours is impossibly low for an auld timer with a sore back.   :unsure:  Does he lie on a skate board and take a run at it to get in? :respect:  

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Great turn out and breakfast.

A good selection of Lotus cars to drool over, myself and David with our Sunbeam Lotus mixed it up a bit..

Cheers,

Ian..... 

Hi Al :)

Yes, Colin Chapman proves the point, especially on these roads-  adding lightness obviously does work!

I'm sitting at 650 kg - with my 90 BHP, catch me if you can!  

Funny for me, I saw Dougie Smith and Brandon stopping for fuel in Dundee, I made it to Inverurie and back 

on 1, fuel tank  and I still have an other  (other is out of action atm).

The other (blue) Europa is Duncan's, which is a very early S2, very subtle to see,  you can notice the slight lower height of the headlamp wing.