Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Barge boards - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

I am probably in the minority here, but the barge boards don't float my boat ( see what I did there). I think they detract from the 'coke bottle' shape of the Evora.

I might tie a couple of old tyres onto my boards and then when I dock there might be less chance of me kerbing the alloys.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the thread on SELOC is now locked.......

anyone got any info?

thanks

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

@ Gareth

Fraser, who was selling the boards on SELOC is a member on here too so might be worth a PM to see if he's still doing them:

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/user/16055-frizz/ .

• 2 weeks later...

Aluminium seem the best route as a stone on a wooden one may result in splintering and replacement needed. I'll wait to see an evora in the metal with them as I am in 2 minds. Splitter looks spot on and matches the aggressive diffuser but barge boards need more consideration.

Edited by Stuno1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Got mine directly from lotus motorsport, december last year.

It was 297,50 £ for the boards and 100 £ for shipping to Italy.

Also got the side scoops from them.

Personally, I think they look great on a white car.

Lovely looking car Lorenzo. I have the same Lotus "wooden" boards and am very happy with them. But they are a dust and dirt magnet!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

They look very good,

I have just fitted a set of the black aluminium boards made by frazer, very easy to fit, also he includes instructions, longer bolts and special bonding agent which you have to be careful with as it's very messy.

I also picked up a set of fibreglass scoops which I have now prepared for painting.

They look very good,

I have just fitted a set of the black aluminium boards made by frazer, very easy to fit, also he includes instructions, longer bolts and special bonding agent which you have to be careful with as it's very messy.

I also picked up a set of fibreglass scoops which I have now prepared for painting.

I still need to see a car in the flesh with the boards fitted before deciding on these. Whereabouts in Essex are you and, if close by, would you mind if I popped along for a look sometime

Can't make the mid week Ace meets due to distance (I'm in deepest East Anglia)

Thanks for the offer of taking a look at the Barge Boards though, I will PM you to make suitable arrangements for one Sunday if possible

Ok that's fine, maybe a midway meet will come up which would be a good chance for you to see them, if not come over, here's a not very good picture of the day I fitted them

post-20063-0-33797700-1442228431.jpg

• Like 1

Jayone - no need to remove anything. The most fiddly it is getting your hand behind the wheel arch liner to fit one bolt. The other two go at the front and require no access except laying on the ground :) Easily removable - just require a bit of heat, elbow grease and product to remove the sealant.

Sorry to derail but - Jamnji - where did you source the scoops from? 

Under body panels will come off without touching the barge boards and yes very easy to fit apart from the fiddly bolt and nut under arch liner

Kalli I got the scoops from Phil peak, think he is on here or seloc, a nice inexpensive mod, all rubbed down and primed ready to spray black gloss should look good once fitted, here's some pics, should finish and for this week

post-20063-0-30650700-1442246151.jpg

post-20063-0-01287600-1442246227.jpg