Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dropping to IDLE Query - Elise 111R/R - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dropping to IDLE Query - Elise 111R/R

I have a MY08 Elise R and I've noticed it hangs on to the revs a little when changing gears and if you are stationary and blip the throttle as it drops down it stops at 1250/1000 then stops at its idle of around 800 RPM does this every time never any different.

Cleaned the MAF and still the same, what I am unsure of is if this is normal (I don't feel it is) does have the ECU flash for earlier cam kick in this was done by Lotus before I bought it.

Before I contact the garage and get it looked at any thoughts or DIY bits I can look at?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Have you had it on any diagnostics??

Are the injectors opening at the correct timeframes etc??

I will ask Monday am and pm you a check list

Only here once

No not formal diagnostics, only really noticed it today and started looking at it, I do have some warranty outstanding from the supplying dealer but they are not local and if it's DIY'able then it saves a very long round trip :)

If there is a check list then I can at least do some leg work and get an idea and I get to learn more about the car, Removing the MAF was a challenge, removing the engine hatch and using kitchen roll in case I dropped a screw (which I did) was a good learning curve.Simple job of course but not much space to work :)

There is an idle air control valve. (item 5)

42_04medium.gif

Not sure about the drive-by-wire throttle body, but the cable operated throttle body has a habit of wearing the inlet bore and creating a gap around the butterfly. 

If this is the problem, you'll be glad to have warranty... £1091+vat.

• Gold FFM

Angus

Do you get up to the breakfast club at Shelsley Walsh?? I had mine up there this morning and there was a handful of loti present.

The was a stunning McLaren 650s ......"

Only here once

Hi Barry,

I have lived around Worcester most of my life, but have never been. Very poor showing. The other half keeps saying we should go, so hopefully will make it along soon.

I think maybe we passed each other once a couple of months ago, on the bridge by the abomination that is the Ketch roundabout. (Mine is a black S2 Exige).

• Gold FFM

Ahhh is it Boyd or something similar ? Or am I confusing with an Elise??

Mines the red esprit being driven hard by a chap that's on the downhill slope........

The midlife crisis is hitting just before 40 - and thank god it has!!!!!

There was some superb vehicles and great folks there this am........ You must come along for a look see......

Minis (love em),tvrs (lots), triumphs ( fair few - great ), porkers ( no fan bit plenty ) good showing of Ferrari, Astons, fords and a gorgeous nsx......and a few lotus bit mine was the only esprit today.....

Would be great to catch up

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The 2zz lump does hang on to the revs as it drops apparently.......how long does it linger??

But they are prone to carbon build up on the throttle bodies - so give that a good clean up.

Only here once

Ahhh is it Boyd or something similar ? 

Yes, that's the one. It is an Exige, but I do fit a soft-top during the warmer months.

When cleaning the throttle body, feel the bore on the TPS side. This is where mine wore, but it probably doesn't happen as badly on the DBW version as the return spring doesn't need to be as strong.