Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
accusump pressure relief valve - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

accusump pressure relief valve

alatif

Hi all

Anyone had to change this. I've changed mine as it was leaking causing a major splatter pattern. More of a mini explosion. However the same is still happening. These valves are rated at 175 psi and very rarely fail apparantly. Gauge on accusump never goes beyond 100 so am struggling to find out why this is happening. Anyone got any ideas. Cheers

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard of several failures that EPC valve on the Exige.

Yes, same on several 2-Elevens.

Just get rid of the accusump and install a baffled oil pan.  ;)

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

• 1 month later...

Yes, same on several 2-Elevens.

Just get rid of the accusump and install a baffled oil pan.  ;)

yup, this is what I did last year. Release valve on accusump was randomly blasting oil all over my engine. 

I removed the accusump canister, unplugged the wiring and safely insulation-taped them away nicely. Then I unscrewed the accusump main hose and replaced it with a two piece anodised blue -10 JIC cap.

Jobs a good un! 

yup, this is what I did last year. Release valve on accusump was randomly blasting oil all over my engine. 

I removed the accusump canister, unplugged the wiring and safely insulation-taped them away nicely. Then I unscrewed the accusump main hose and replaced it with a two piece anodised blue -10 JIC cap.

Jobs a good un! 

Yes that's a good choice but you already have the accusump so I would suggest fitting a baffled sump but repair the accusump and use for cold start protection.....

Does a dry sump system exist for the 2ZZ-GE ? What do people use in the Lotus CUP with Slicks?

Yes, a couple after-market companies make a dry sump system for the 2ZZ -- BOE being one of them ..... http://www.boefab.com.  

FWIW, virtually all the Lotus Cup USA folks get by just fine with a baffled oil pan and slicks.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

I have fitted a Moroso baffled sump which is a popular option in the lotus cup and slick running Italian lotus cup apparently.

Dave at "seriously lotus" supplies the G-Pan made by sector 111. Again a quality piece of kit. 

I have installed the BOE dry sump in my car [2-11 ] and its a  good bit of Kit .Well priced as well .

Its a plug and play deal , the hardest part is deciding where to mount the tank .. I placed it above the muffler on the LH side . 

Made a heat shield to protect it from the muffler underneath , plumbing was easy and kept the filter in the stock location. Next time it is apart I will put in a Remote filter that combines a primer ... see here  Primer pump Remote Head 

This is required as the Dry sump drains back into the sump so good idea to pressurise / pre oil the system before starting ... similar to what the accusump does. This primer will get 60 psi after a few seconds. 

Had problems with my Accusump and decided to ditch it . Not sure I would be keen to run just a baffled sump. I found it reasonably easy to get starvation and had the Accusump coming on most laps. 

Car is running on slicks.. 

Happy to supply more info if required .... cheers 

Dry sump system is wonderful ... it does add some complexity and a few more failure points.  At least that's what I've seen with the Radical.

BOE suggests a dry sump system if you're running a sequential; as they have experienced several "standard" oil pump gear failures on non-dry sump 2ZZ cars with sequential transmissions.

FWIW, my experience with a quality baffled oil pan --  I've never seen oil starve in any of my data.  Sure there's been some fluctuations in oil pressure during a track sessions (depending upon the G's :)) but never a drop that would have ever triggered the accusump. I've been running Yoko  slicks for well over 15,000 track miles on my 2-Eleven.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR