Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015 - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Exige Cup/Race "Ten Tenths" Day - 17th Sept 2015

Bibs

Ok. We made it back :)

Going to be leaving around 6pm as I fancy the challenge of the M25 at rush hour. What time were people thinking about eating at the BiH?

Yeah! Congrats, that's great news, hope car all ok.

I think I'll probably try and leave sometime 4-5ish so anytime after 7.30 would suit me but I doubt you'll be there by then.

Best news I've heard today! Look forward to seeing you later Tom, expect a hero's welcome!

I won't be leaving until around 4-5pm from Southampton so won't be there early. Shall we aim for 8.30pm?

:cheers:

Very green about you all tomorrow and a shame I can't make it but an annual trip to Germany is a date clash. Have a great time as I'm sure you will.

J, I'm expecting 2 secs a lap as result of this!

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Real shame you can't make it Trevor, should be a really interesting day.

Do we need to bring our licences? Can't find mine anywhere  :rant:

I can do the DVLA thing if needs be.

I don't have the Race Pack on my car so this day isn't really applicable to me, but if it goes well and TLF decides to organise a future, more general, 'how to get the most from your Exige' Hethel day, I'll be up for it!

Have fun everyone :)

Well, I've packed some extra strong anti-perspirant and spare clean underwear (or should that be the other way round?), and will be leaving Sussex shortly.

When get to the BiH I'll let them know that there'll be a group of eight(ish) wanting to eat, after 8.

Table is booked for 7:30 (8 will be fine I'm sure), it's the nice alcove opposite the bar so ask for the TLF table. I did ask for the PDR for you but they've got a big MX5 meet in there tonight.

First drink is on TLF, I'd recommend the Wherry  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi - I have not left yet, at my mums she is not doing well. So, will have to miss this - big shame as I was really looking forward to it. Especially, since I doubt very much something like this will be run again...

Enjoy guys and and hope the weather is good for you exp,ore the limits of the car and it's wizardry 

This was a great day - thanks for organising Bibs! I think Jonny is planning a detailed write up. 

They will run the day again if anyone is interested.

The detailed explanation of how the systems work was very interesting. We came to the conclusion that no one has the correct understanding of how it works all the reviews and articles are just wrong. Once we knew and started testing the cars it was eye opening. 

There was about an hour of driving. It was absolutely no limits, we were all encouraged to force the cars into extreme situations to feel how it sorts them out within each mode. 

Roll on our next track day!

• Like 2

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Can't wait to read the write up and would defo be interested if another is run. I did discover yesterday that it can't sort everything out (even in touring mode) you still need to take care in the wet. Fortunately didn't hit anything. After that I think I would prefer to experiment in one of their cars than in my own.

Just got back but really enjoyed the day. It was a great surprise to see Tom present and still smiling after his ordeal but sorry to hear that Farook had to pull out at the last minute. I hope your Mum makes a full and speedy recovery soon.

Head's buzzing a bit from today (and the 3+ hour drive back). I've never been so brutal on a car on track before! I was doing things I'd never do in my own Exige. It was all part of exploring the how the various systems work. I'll do a more detailed write up on the DPM system, which will be up hopefully next week, along with some in-car video. A really nice treat were the hotlaps in the new 360Cup in instructor and racer Emma Selway's very capable hands (think Vicky Butler Henderson videos stuck in fast forward!). The free cake seemed to attract the great and the good to the hospitality area, including the likes of Gavan Kershaw and Russell Gibbons from Lotus Motorsport, naturally the opportunity to try and extract some juicy information wasn't wasted!

But until then a big thank you to Bibs for making it happen and also to all at Lotus who gave up their time to make us feel so welcome. The food was terrific and plentiful, so thanks B&C for that as well. Guy Munday was very generous with his time and kept the whole show on the road. Having been on 3 factory tours now, plus visits to Classic Team Lotus I can say there's no substitute for a Guy Munday tour! He's a true Lotus man to the core!

:thumbup: 

Yesterday we welcomed guests for a very special bespoke training day, to learn about the 'Race Mode' on their Exige S or...

Posted by

Lotus Driving Academy

on 

Friday, 18 September 2015

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Looks like you all had a great day.

I see the cars in the photos were left hand drive. did that present any problems? Or were they right hand cars available?

No. No difficulty understanding that!

I think that's the only mode she's got.

VERY quick driver!

Looks like you all had a great day.

I see the cars in the photos were left hand drive. did that present any problems? Or were they right hand cars available?

they were both LHD, first run out I had some hand eye coordination issues by the end of the day had got used to it. Was probably the only negative on the day for me, but not a biggie.

Did she misunderstand when she was told to demonstrate 'race mode' :)

she did the demos in sport mode (which they wanted to call fun mode originally). Much easier to get the arse out. 

Edited by T3Jn

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com