Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
same brake calipers? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

same brake calipers?

HI all,

I really need to know if the Sport300 left hand side brake caliper is essentially the same as a later V8 (right side) one?

I think they use the same brake pads.

They are both Black and have the Lotus and AP Racing branding on them.

They have different numbers, but I think, just think, they are the same, so can be matched.

Can anyone shed light on this, please, please, please?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Travis.

I think that the caliper I have sourced, is not a Sport 300 front brake caliper, as it have been described to me a s Black, with both a Lotus and AP Racing branding in silver with Black letters.

No pics yet, though.

That might be the S4s optional brake caliper or even a later V8?

I think it's called P625.3301.003AF.

But this does not compute with my spare part books.

Also the other side is called A082J4490F. And that is clearly a V8 late type AP racing and Lotus branded brake caliper., Right hand front.

So, my question is this:

- are they the same type and compatible

- are they from some sort of V8? Or S4s option? Or something else?

- can someone show me Pictures of the Sport350 (I think they are blue), the V( AP type and the optional S4s AP type (Black)?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Jacques,

P625.3301.003AF is the bracket that holds the caliper on the Sport 300 front upright.

These are the calipers

P625.3301.601AF  Front LH

P625.3301.602AF  Front RH
P625.3301.603AF Rear LH
P625.3301.604AF  Rear RH

The Sport 350 calipers are the same as the Esprit V8 2000+ AP racing calipers.

The Sport 300 calipers are totally different.

The Sport 350 look like this

front 

brakes_001-1.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Thanks Travis. Now I just need a photo of the caliper I've sourced, so everything should be cleared up, so I can see if I can make a matching pair.

I'd need the brackets though.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no, they turned out to be two right hand side cp5200.

Now, it is sitting as a paperweight, while I think of something to source a left hand side black Lotus branded AP Racing front brake caliper and their respective brackets.

That was a downer.

The upside is, that my SE pulls strongly at narrow backroads, hence the need for bigger brakes (that I can have approved in my country - only Lotus branded AP will do).

Thanks for the help guys. As usual an abundance of knowledge :)

Cheers,

Jacques.

That's unfortunate that you were sent two right hand calipers...  THe same happened to me, but I contacted the seller and he sent me the correct other side caliper.  He had also accidentally sent me 4 front rotors, and 0 rear rotors, so he let me keep the extra front rotors and sent me the correct rears.

Here you might be able to see the two front calipers are identical, though the bleed pipes are switched.

PC150253.JPG

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Hi Travis,

Yes, that's what happened, apart from that I discovered the second one in time, so I didn't buy it. But as they are not exactly cheap stuff, I still spent good money on a paperweight. I will continue to search for a left hand side one. Hope to find one sometime.

But what was actually worse in my humble view was, that the seller said I could just swap the pipe and the bleed screws and install the caliper in reverse position. I kindly declined. Imagine what happens if you brake hard, and one caliper grabs the disc with it's bigger pistons first, and the other caliper does it with the smaller pistons.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Sorry no. Have to be original Lotus branded AP Racing calipers with Lotus part number and all. Otherwise they won't be accepted by the inspection.

KInd regards,

Jacques.