Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1989 SE on EBAY for $5500 ?!? what's wrong? - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1989 SE on EBAY for $5500 ?!? what's wrong?

Lotus-Ltd

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a case of the wife upset with the husband over the divorce and she's practically giving it away?

It looks too good to be true. My wife would shoot me, but somebody should jump on this one.

Check it out.

Ed

Hi Ed - I assume you mean this one with a $5500 buy-it-now?

The chassis number says it's a 1989 USA-spec Esprit Turbo, but it's not an SE.

Have a look at the engine bay photo:

7723_1.JPG

What's mising when you look at this 1989 SE?

Dsc01370.jpg

No chargecooler - that's a biggy... this is a Turbo Esprit.

Also, unless Lotus slipped out a few early cars halfheartedly, it's also showing:

no 'SE' stamped on the VIN plate

none-SE front valance under bumper

none-SE seats

none-SE instrument mask (would be wood veneer)

15" rear wheels

Being polite, I'd say that I don't think the vendor knows what model it is.

No mention of service history, either :)

It does have the SE rear wing, though, and it is damn cheap :)

Dan.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Hmmm

Dunno I smell something Fishy (and I don't mean the Evil Dr). That Chassis plate has the logo on it that was chucked out in 1986. Now even taking into account using old stock why would they still be fitting them in 1989? Front and steering badges are right tho.

But maybe you guys know more about that than me, I just know the dates not the practicalities.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Stay on Lotus section and look at the S1 further down the page. Absolutely stunning!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Stay on Lotus section and look at the S1 further down the page. Absolutely stunning!

Here's a link to the discussion on the Red S1:

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...?showtopic=7637

Just trying to keep ya honest, Kimbers. :)

Tim,

I know I'm a god but even I can't read everything :)

Can I assume that it has been pulled before the official closing date?

If so then it was probably one of those "pirated" ads where some scumbag copies someone elses ad but puts a silly "buy-it-now" price to get a mug to send his money for what looks a great bargain.

It's possible that Dylan might have had a lucky escape!

Richard

Can I assume that it has been pulled before the official closing date?

If so then it was probably one of those "pirated" ads where some scumbag copies someone elses ad but puts a silly "buy-it-now" price to get a mug to send his money for what looks a great bargain.

It's possible that Dylan might have had a lucky escape!

Richard

You might be right. There's no trace of the original sale and it was suspiciously cheap.

I may have indeed dodged a bullet, but this aint my 1st rodeo... It would be very tough to scam me out of my hard earned scratch. I would have filtered through their BS. Hell, at that price, I would have probably used my Am Ex....they offer protection from such things.

Thanks so much for the replies/concern though, cant wait to join the club officially.

Regards,

Dylan

I tried to contact the seller on Sunday night (through the bidder registration link), and got no reply.

He seemed to have reasonable feedback though, and the only terms were payment in full before 7 days.

No mention of a deposit.

SUNP0003-1.jpg