Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
zonda puck pedals - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

zonda puck pedals

i got bored today so i decided to finally get a render done of the puck pedals from a zonda.

i have managed to find a company that can machine me a set out of aluminium so got on with drawing them up, i have yet to finish the center spindle recess for the fitment bolt but that wont take long.

then im sending the dxf file off to them for a quote. i have also started the curved footplate for the throttle.

pics attatched

these are the real things

Copyofpzf_09.jpg

and my renders and 3d build

pedz.jpg

pedalimg.jpg

let me know if you want a set fishy!

Edited by bigsi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon,

please accept my ignorance, but what's the benefit of the puckshaped pedal?

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

well they will fit nicely in the tip of the sole of my driving shoes, and they will look a damn sight better than the crap thats there now!!

im also going to take the arms out, skew them and get them chromed as well as i plan on redoing the interior and making things a little tidier in there.

I see, so cosmetical - not related to driving technique...

Thanks.

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

VERY IMPRESSIVE, they look really good but how much would it cost to have them made up? i am a draughtsman in cad and that looks impressive. never really done 3d modelling

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

i should find out tomorrow hopefully, as soon as i finish the cad file for them.

i build them in cinema4dxl as its much faster than autocad and i can do a render also much faster, then i export them as a dxf and dwg file for the machinists to input. i also supply a line drawing of sizes etc.

I've got a set of OMP Drilled Racing Aluminium Pedals on my car.........Better fit'n'feel.....

I'll try to get a piccy posted here later in the week.........

Edited by nello

i have seen loads of aftermarket pedals but i wanted something special for the interior, especially with what i have got in mind as i re-trimmed my interior on my old 300zx. however the seats will have to be done by a professional

Simon, instead of basically copying the Zonda design, why dont you have some CNC milled to look like a large Lotus Logo? :lol:

That would be more original :)

You could either leave them raw finished or colour in the background of the triangle black.

Kinda like this:-

lotus%20badge%20grey.giflotus%20badge%20grey.gif

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

that level of cnc milling would cost a fortune and after what has happened the past few weeks and the money i have lost on other things (bloody ebay) i cant afford to go nuts on stuff. i have yet to finish getting things for the engine stuff.

What a Fab Idea.....

Not really thought much about changing the pedal assy to something a little prettier, could cost a fair wedge for one offs though, you looking to replace the arms aswell or utilise the existing ones??

Got me itching to start creating my own unique pieces of art for the Esprit...!!!!

Not got any CAD software on my laptop, pit of a pisser cause its a work computer and they threaten to sack you if you stick on software thats not been approved and licensed for UK useage!!!

Gonna have to buy my own PC, or get a CAD program on 3.5" floppy!!!! :lol:

Simon

What you going to do for rubber on the brake pedal being that its law and you wont pass an MOT without it???

I know some aftermarket companies use rubber nipples (ooh errr, kinky!!), something to think about whilst you've still got your thinking cap on...

Simon

Chunky Lover

Thats a left hooker though Simon, not sure what the foreign laws are.....

Definately need some saught of rubber in the UK, it will fail an MOT, as said, dimples may be the way to go....

Best call the MOT honchos and find out the exact requirements...

Simon

Chunky Lover

Thats a left hooker though Simon, not sure what the foreign laws are.....

Definately need some saught of rubber in the UK, it will fail an MOT, as said, dimples may be the way to go....

Best call the MOT honchos and find out the exact requirements...

Simon

MOT Testers Manual might be of help.

banner-1.jpg

or just get the tester to give you a MOT anyway, (oops did i say that out loud BAHAHAHA)

just sticky backed rubber would do, cut what ever pattern you like, as little or as much as you want.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...

Well - my Elise has no rubber on the pedals - just plain Ali - just as it left the factory...

Not sure I like the Zonda ones - bit too 'bling' for me! :):)

<iain edits out 'silly' image> :(:)

Here's another - courtesy of Lotus Cars via How Stuff Works

lotus-elise-16.jpg

:)

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Yeah - OK - I admit they're a little over engineered and 'fussy' I guess :):)

Work well with race boots though - form following function and all that...

<doh! iain notices what you meant and performs quick face saving edit - normality is now restored>

Now - what was I saying?? :)

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

That sounds like a very good price for a bespoke job! :D

Post pics when you've fitted them!