Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
6th December LEGS Breakfast meet @ Powmill Milk Bar - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

6th December LEGS Breakfast meet @ Powmill Milk Bar

13 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

That's a real shame if you can't make it was hoping to see the Evora. You've made some nice mods to it....  Either way, have a great weekend

Don't worry about it, the world's only factory-painted full matt black Evora S will be there. That's the only Evora (S) anyone needs to see. ?

• Like 1

I was out at Knockhill today for some marshalling/rescue training.  If anybody is coming over that road past KH from Dunfermline direction to Powmill be aware that there are some really deep puddles sometimes one side and sometimes over the whole width.  Also a few areas where the field has washed onto the road so you are driving on gravel.  Not a problem unless driving too fast....  The hill foots area (Menstrie all the way to Dollar) had numerous minor road closures today.  Even the the M9 Southbound from Dunblane to S. Stirling junction was shut early doors due to cars aquaplaning off.  The Alloa road between Causewayhead roundabout and the Sauchie roundabout was closed and a further road closure E of Glenochil prison.  Still at least it isn't snowing at 10C

Take care folks.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

M90 was closed due to flooding at Glenfarg earlier today with over 3 feet of water and some cars floating about like pedalo's!!

Before I leave in the morning I will ask SWMBO to ducktape the gaps around the doors from the outside. That should do it :) 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Talking of Duct Tape here was the SNP solution heading for the Forth Road Bridge this morning.........

duct.jpg.54d104eaf0bdb776752098f4b35b4a6

• Like 1

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

We should all be cautious obviously given the weather but the forecast from earlyish in the morning is much improved.

I was out in Dexter today, including around and through Glenfarg, and yeah there was a lot of water on the road and some need to move to the other side to avoid flooding, but it should ease overnight.

I'll be at Powmill around 10ish but then I've got one of those higher end Lotus cars that's mostly watertight ?

Well Jason after a comment like that if I was you I'd stick some dry socks and shoes on the back seat ;)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Not sure if I'll be there, just had a call a little while ago to say my childhood best friend has been found dead, I would imagine it'll be on the Scottish news tomorrow. Feeling a bit bummed out and I'm going to have a whisky, if that plan changes I may see you in the morning.

I'd have a wee whiskey anyway to calm down Colin. Also at the same time you can toast your friends good health.

Good news for you but tonight someone somewhere will be going through it.

• Like 1

The small print.

I think I will being staying at home and miss this meet. Roads likely to be full of traffic going no where.

Weather has improved but with the loss of the bridge cars everywhere .

A

Thanks for letting us know.I did wonder if you would still try to make it but best to stay at home given the traffic situation.

I am debating whether to travel to Edinburgh this afternoon on the train and get beck on last train which will probably be packed.

I'm hoping with the bridge being out people will just not bother going out. Sat having a cup of tea looking south over the Tay to Fife and the sky is beautiful... looking forward to the drive out to be honest.

The small print.

Just drove to where I store my car and it's at least nice out, though no idea what the back roads will be like as far as flooding is concerned. So I should at least be up for a quick chat and look at the cars.

I am note sure about the back roads either so I am heading up to Kinross on M90 and then A91 to Powmill.

Just checked Traffic Scotland website and roads look OK but take it easy everyone.

Lotus cars are only designed to go underwater, not water skiing.

• Like 1

I decided to come back the B roads route, lots of mounds of wet mud and pop up fish ponds to contend with. Had to leave sharpish as I had something to do, but great to see all the cars. I was particularly keen to drag myself out of bed to see these two -

0cc0374adb60867b5442c7193b384be2_zpsnlpo

6a5528000baf913ef2362aed5ecfff04_zpsm7kx

2 hours ago, Colin G said:

I wasn't happy about that Audi......

9f078bd1aae9b69dab3c65a6b368c43a_zpsei0w

Yup, typically bloody selfish Audi driver. I'm surprised they didn't ask us to move our cars as they are obviously not worthy compared to an Oodi!

I had a great drive home over towards Crief via Gleneagles, Auchterarder, Perth etc. As usual, the (very) long way home :)

• Like 1

The small print.

Nice to meet you lot and had a great run to Pitlochry via the Sma' Glen. Sadly didn't make the loop but still great day, 150 miles done and looking forward to attempting the Rannoch Loop sometime soon!

19 hours ago, Colin G said:

I decided to come back the B roads route, lots of mounds of wet mud and pop up fish ponds to contend with. Had to leave sharpish as I had something to do, but great to see all the cars. I was particularly keen to drag myself out of bed to see these two -

0cc0374adb60867b5442c7193b384be2_zpsnlpo

6a5528000baf913ef2362aed5ecfff04_zpsm7kx

Yup highlight of the day for me was the Esprits. As much as I love my Evora the Esprit is just so.......  And the sound the V8 made when it drove away just tingled my spine. Thanks for bringing it and for sharing.... ;)

• Like 1

The small print.

Always next time although the GTE will not be back out to play until May is it Brian, due to your travels?  I agree about Marks V8.  Has always sounded stunning and I've had the privilege of following it a few times now so window down moments to be savoured.

Great turn out folks considering the weather - and Andrew - pathetic excuse - a mere hic-up with the FRB and you stay indoors!  Pah!  Traffic congestion wasn't that bad! :popo:  Where there is a will etc., etc. :driving:

I'll discuss a few of the suggestions with Brian and we have some calls to make to slot things into given dates and hopefully we will get a calendar out for 2016 soon(ish).  Thanks for any 'volunteers to assist with dates next year.

• Like 1