Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oxford Meet - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oxford Meet

Dermot

We have finally sorted out a date for the next Yahoo/Lew meet.

It will be Sun, 21st August at the Talk House Pub in Stanton-St-John. Details

can be found

at:

http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/news.html

Brian and Geoff are again hoping to come over from Hethel. So put in in your

diary now.

Dermot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, and I will be unveiling my new lotus!

*********** UPDATE *********************

As per normal im off the bloody road again and single again for that matter!

Ive noticed a pattern

Buy a new Lotus

Lose girlfriend

Edited by gpz900r

:ph34r: Me too ,

finaly got a car to drive there in !! had to settle with a crappy mondeo last time ! :) lovely 81 turbo now :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Renu and I will be there, with both our esprits I hope

Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a long time since I was last out and about but it seems at last the car can drive for more than 5 mins before breaking down! The test drive shake downs have been done and its been 500 Miles and it still works so I should be there. Will be could to see you lot again : O )

Curly Jon

Edited by Curly Jon

Hey Jon - Good to hear from you mate!

I'm hoping to make it to this one myself!

:lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

My girlfriend and I visited the Oxford meeting last year and it was a great experience and pleasure for us. We meet a lot of nice people and Esprit guys, and some contacts didn't end after the meeting. So naturally we will back again this year, looking forward to meet you again. I hope, the trip from Germany to the UK will become as good as last year and I hope the weather will not disappoint us. See you at the 21. August in Oxford ... :D

Best regards

Stephan

www.lotus-esprit-se.de

I'll be there with bells on. You may see me laying on the floor at the front when any pictures are taken :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do LEW allow Landrovers to participate ?

Don't think I'll have my Esprit by then. Wouldn't mind coming down and using the day as a piece of research though.

Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

People often come down in their 'day' cars when their pride and joy is off the road.

We encourage prospective buyers to come along to meets to get a really good feel for each of the cars / models and what you should expect them to look like for their age. You may be able to talk your way into a passenger seat for the drive out too....

It's a really good opportunity to ask questions to people who own whichever model it is your looking for :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Anyone will be welcome, just don't nick a space in the car park, it will be needed for all the Esprit's and don't expect to keep up on the hoon :D

Hope to see you there ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I'll make the effort.........sounds worthwhile.

Could you arrange for a 1990 SE and 89/90 N/A to be present please. Not really bothered about the colour ;)

Backmarker

Edited by Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

People often come down in their 'day' cars when their pride and joy is off the road.

We encourage prospective buyers to come along to meets to get a really good feel for each of the cars / models and what you should expect them to look like for their age. You may be able to talk your way into a passenger seat for the drive out too....

It's a really good opportunity to ask questions to people who own whichever model it is your looking for ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would a TVR be pushing my luck a bit too far? :D

A Griff? Cool!

No ..when I meant day cars I REALLY meant *DAY* cars!! A Trev will be no prob! It's about Esprit enthusiasts :)

As Bibs said tho... try not to clog up the Esprit parking as it gets overfull as it is! ;)

A Griff? Cool!

No ..when I meant day cars I REALLY meant *DAY* cars!! A Trev will be no prob! It's about Esprit enthusiasts :)

As Bibs said tho... try not to clog up the Esprit parking as it gets overfull as it is! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great, thanks.

Might be in the Excel though, if I can get it sorted. MoT'd etc.

Is the whole pub car park reserved for Esprits, and if so, is there other parking reasonably close?

Its on a country lane so basically the whole lane can be used for parking if i remember right!

Anyway i am picking my new head up this weekend so should be able to make it!!

Robin you gonna be in your car??

If so i suggest you dont meet up with anyone untill you are there LOL

Dont wanna be waiting around and recieve a call like the last time!!

;)

No idea! It's at home* at the moment.

* Esprit Engineering, Unit 33, Downton Industrial Estate, Batten Road, Downton, Salisbury, Wilts SP5 3HU

I cannot attend, sorry!

Guys, enjoy!

Greetz from good ol'Germany

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg