Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2007 supercar sunday - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2007 supercar sunday

bigsi

Im planning on going to this with one of my clients in tow with his 360 modena and a few other friends.

just wondering if anyone else is planning on goin this year to gaydon for this event?

im quite looking forward to going to it myself, apart from other club events.

si

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm possibly - was very disappointed with the treatment we received last year which is why 90% of us left early I think.

Kinda seen it all now, the Viper club was good, Lambos zzzzzz, ferraris zzzzzzzz, TVRs zzzzzzzz.

There's only a certain amount of time I can see the museum in different arangement as well :lol:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

well beinga lambo man i dont need any excuse, never like the dancing donkeys ( my mate hates me for the jokes about his) and tvr's have never done naything for me apart from the nice interiors.

its just one of those things on my list of things to do, a little happiness for this year.

Well I really enjoyed it last year.....but then it was my first time! There aren't that many places to see that many supercars in the same place at the same time. Obviously I'm a Lotus chap through and through...but I still like being around the rest - even the Karluk style bling Jap things with Scissor doors and chrome pile carpets. We could all do without the herding of no-knowledge owners into the ring for a rev and pointless interview......but you dont have to go to that bit do you. Anyway, I hope I get the chance to go again....

Will LEF have an "official" contingent? Is Dermot in charge ? Can I go pls?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Crazy choice of date- it clashes with Le Mans.Given that there is generally a mass exodus to France that weekend I would have thought that the numbers maybe down...

I'm sure Dermot will be organising the day and posting a thread when we get a little closer.

It's a day out guys. We only admire the other Esprits and generally ridicule the foreign muck.

Last years organic ale was also an acquired taste.......hence my need to sample quite a few.

It's a giggle and I'm sure NMEG will be sending a contingent (please Dermot)

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Group invites don't go out for months guys. I get a letter from them around March/april normally and the

passes don't get mailed until a few weeks before the day. Usually it is indeed Dermot that books this for us

so it seems sensible to wait for him to get sent the invite by Gaydon.

Myself, i missed the Detomaso club last year, hope they are there this year.

As Jon say's its often the same Lambo's ferraris etc but there are loads of them,

the chance to fire the Esprit up the motorway early one sunday to get there, and

to meet up with you lot.

You do however miss the Eastenders omnibus, so there is a hard price to pay.

:lol:

Simon,

we add our our names to a list on here, pay dermot a fiver (or more this year!) through paypal/cheque and the nice chap sends you a ticket to display in your loti. We meet in a pub near the site and go in en masse.

what happens then dermot, do we pay you for the tickets in advance? or on the day?

this will be my first so im keen to know the usual procedure.

thanks

bigsi

Edited by Funkyyellowgibbon

I'm in - as long as my car is back before then...

Three years ago I pitched up in the Elise and the nice man on the gate let us in for free and directed us to park in the 'Supercar' area :D:huh:

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

im there again i hope, one question is justine would like to take hers

this year as there where a few jap boys last year, can she sneek onto the end of our line or not? i am tring to make her have a plate with "supercar killer" on the bottom in tiny letters, but she wont LOL. as by then her car should be all turned up and destroying most of them lol, and i have to have my annual meeting with my befriended lambo owner.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

im there again i hope, one question is justine would like to take hers

this year... ...can she sneek onto the end of our line or not?

Sure, if Justine sells it and buys an Esprit! If i wanted to park my Esprit alongside

a Supra, then supercar sunday would be held outside a kebab shop on a friday

night.

:huh::D:D

(best book the supra as a single non group booking, and ask them when you do)

lol, is it becuse it would blow you little car off the road paulykins

and driven by a girl,,,the shame, the shame.

i will tell her to get a private one then, she can be her own club.

"the faster than the esprits club uk"

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Karl, I'll second that!

...the number of times I've been absolutely blown into the weeds by supras and skylines!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Si, i have been the last 2 years and befriended a young lambo owner, he looks about 25yo, sound lad. and the amount of lambos that come out ways all the other cars put together. as its usually sponsored by them lol