Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 59 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Gorgeous looking car, but I cannot get on with those seats. I think they're actually pretty bad. I'm generously proportioned as most of you will have seen, and all that happens is I get stabbed in the thigh by those seats.

Totally disagree James. For me the Exige style carbon bucket seats are a massive improvement on the Sparcos. I find them very comfortable after extended periods of driving. Plus they significantly lower and thus greatly improve the driving position in the car. I am 6 2" & 15 stone, so getting in & out of the car easily is an important consideration. The lowered driving position makes a big difference.

I hate to sound like a Lotus fan boy, but you clearly have very particular wants & needs around seats! If you do get around to doing a video on the 410 it would be good  to balance your "the seats are pretty bad" opinion by pointing out that at least one other 410 owner has the polar opposite view. I think they are comfortable, well designed, great lookiing and markedly improve the driving position.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Seats are an extremely personal thing @blindside - I actually don't mind the Cup seats in an Elise/Exige, because the whole car hugs you and holds you down. As you rightly say everyone's needs are different but I prefer having a lot more lateral support. I like sitting *in* a seat, not on it, which I felt I was in the 410.

They do look extremely nice though, I must say.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Big fan of the carbon seats here. I've spent a lot of time in them in my V6 Cup and they fit me really well, great on the road, great on the track, though I do have the harnesses. I was surprised how much lower they are than the Sparcos. Very much agree that they improve the driving position. Wheel seems much higher up and directly in front of you. Communication with what the car is up to is also better. A Sport 410 wouldn't be quite the same car without them.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Will we see you at Brooklands @The Pits? You should have a sit in my Cobras, I think they fit the Evora's cabin a little better. In an Exige and with a harness I'd think the Cup seats are more than adequate though - don't need so much lateral support with a proper harness.

Of course, I've still yet to take a 410 out (hoping to later this month) and that might change my mind completely...

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Yes will be there tomorrow but no seats are going to feel very comfortable after the Esprit's lounge chairs!

I find the 410 seats comfortable if they are adjusted properly.  I did one drive where my left leg went numb but all returned to normal once I moved back one click.  Equally I have had the hip pinching problem but the key seems to be getting your back to the rear of the seat and don't try to sit with your legs splayed

• Like 1

Completely agree, I drove a 410 a while back, the seats were too upright (could have been adjusted but i was just borrowing the car for a quick test drive) so the base was too flat and I didn't feel very secure. In the exige i have now done about 1500 miles and a few track days and found the very same seats fine, partly due to the fact that they are at the correct angle, giving the (too short) seat base a steeper and more comfortable angle for me and partly due to the fact that the car has harnesses, the seats themselves are not that supportive for cornering for me, much better with the harness tight. 

just recogn. that the "James Bond" Evora 410 is for sale in italy:

http://www.lotususedapproved.com/scheda-lotus-evora-410-sport-james-bonds-lotus-edition/7614802/

..........if someone is interested, personally I like the seat inlays and the "half-painted" rear 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2017 at 17:27, pickle said:

Looks like Howards Lotus are getting a purple 410 in this week. I wonder if it'll be amethyst. Could look absolutely amazing.

Porsche ultraviolet. I quite like it. Think it needs dark wheels though

IMG_0684.JPG

• Like 1

Yes, I quite like it. But a Pxxxxhe colour on an Evora?! If Lotus can refuse to do me a TVR colour they can and should say 'no' to that!

The rule for me is metallic colours only on a Lotus so I'll pass but it does look good all the same.

You know...Looking at that photo...if ever I was to get a 400...which I probably wouldn't, because of the cheap, shite interior, I'd have to do something about the egg crate grills. They really are awful, surely there's a better solution. The S1 rusty mesh looks much better, and as its on the 410, obviously lighter.

• Like 1

They disappear with a dark colour but I agree, wire mesh all-round would be nice touch on a 410. At least they put it on up on the bits next to the access panel.

yip great Color, I disagree with @The Pits that a Lotus has to have a met. paint, in my eyes esp a solid / uni Color matches great with the curves of the car, I would like to see more solid painted colors on a Lotus (ok you can argue that "a paint that is ordered by a lot of People" is not my Profession as I have choosen a paint that have been extremely unpopular ......;-)

out of curiosity: @The Pits has your Color wish been rejected due to the complexity of the paint (if TVR I am thinking mega flic flac paint...) or due to the fact that your wish reflects  some Kind of "signature paint" of another manufacturer?

I just think the solid colours look more 'plastic' but that's just me. Totally personal thing of course but I would prefer a metallic version of the purple. 

Lotus won't paint me a 410 in the colour I want because of the Renault Flame Red car which was a disaster for them. They had to keep painting it until it was right which took several attempts. The TVR paint is potentially more challenging so they just don't want to go there at the moment. It's nothing to do with it being a TVR colour (TVR took it from Nissan anyway!) clearly as they don't object to doing Porsche colours, even though I think they probably should! 

The 410 has a no compromise price tag so I'm not going to compromise on colour. £90k is too much to pay for my next best choice of colour so they will lose the order.

• Like 1

@The Pits could understand your point of view totally, esp if Lotus is adv their "exclusive" Program such special orders should be possible -  esp.as we have seen the Renault yellow GTE being build.........think that wasn´t simple either?

Also: Lotus should understand that guys like you would present such a special order here and other social media - when other People see what is possible that would sales in general I guess

@The PitsHow much are you offering to pay them for the paint though? If you offered them 15k I don't see why they wouldn't do it and perhaps with a limited paint warrany, but if you are only wanting to pay 5k and have a full warranty then that is going to be a different story.

Edited by Gashead1105

17 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

@The PitsHow much are you offering to pay them for the paint though? If you offered them 15k I don't see why they wouldn't do it and perhaps with a limited paint warrany, but if you are only wanting to pay 5k and have a full warranty then that is going to be a different story.

It doesn't work like that. It's up to them to quote. They considered factoring the cost of multiple attempts into the price (the paint is something like £400 a litre) but decided in the end that it was better to say no. Clearly they think I have appalling taste! I was quoted for the same paint on my V6 Cup, it was 'around £5500', so not a flat no back in 2013 but Motorsport Green was £1800 then and less of a risk. No regrets that time around but they have changed their policy, again since the Renault Flame Red car. We've been here before, no to Pearl White then a few persuaded them to have a go at Renault Liquid Yellow but now it's back to 'no' to tri-coat finishes. I guess they have to consider the potential consequences of saying 'yes' also. Everyone will be asking for 6 layer Volcano Red before you know it!

Fair enough. I thought the whole point was that if you paid them enough money they would do you anything!

'Within reason' would probably be added to that. They may begin accomodate more challenging requests in the future as they have done before but for now this is the policy. There are many colours that I like for the 410, the problem is the price. It has to be exactly what I wanted for that but a better policy would be to offer to do it for £15k and I would have chosen something else, but at least I'd have had the choice. Clearly they were afraid that I'd have said yes!

22 hours ago, The Pits said:

They disappear with a dark colour but I agree, wire mesh all-round would be nice touch on a 410. At least they put it on up on the bits next to the access panel.

These are far better. http://www.win-ace-bodykits.com/lotus-evora/Lotus-Evora-front-vent

Some day @YvoTuk will have them in stock and I'll need to padlock my wallet, because if I buy them they will be coming with A Pillars and side scoops as well.

A F*&£ just checked his website :wallbash:

23 hours ago, pickle said:

Porsche ultraviolet. I quite like it. Think it needs dark wheels though

IMG_0684.JPG

I like it...... but wouldn't want to own it. Think I'd get bored of it after a few months.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.