Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus racing in Pirelli World Challenge - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus racing in Pirelli World Challenge

NedaSay

• 3 months later...

I forget, what are the engine specs od the 3eleven?

But it is good to see Lotus racing in one of our top tier GT Racing series. Though PWC isnt ALMS, IMSA, etc.

KW

These should be the  base Cosworth Spec 4.0L  360bhp for the VSA car, SDR has a Evora GX or GTC Spec which was supposed to receive the 440 bhp spec of the Lotus Evora GT4 enduro spec. But you can get in touch with Scott from SDR, he recently posted in one of the motorsport thread on the forum.

• 1 year later...

Cool piece of activation from Lotus of Austin this past week end during this year Pirelli World Challenge race, Scott Dollahite Racing Lotus Evora GT4 returned to the track. 

I'll put the post of Scott Bowman here, I hope he won't mind. http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/lotus-pirelli-world-challenge-354161/index5.html#post5542282

attachment.php?attachmentid=1123362&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1123370&stc=

Scott Dollahite had a masterful first race 1 starting from 8th on the grid to take the win before being stripped of his victory for a 2mm discrepancy in ride height in the post race inspection.That caused him to start dead last in race 2, and yet he charged forward to finish a strong 7th in a field of 20+ cars. The old 2012 Evora GX/GTC in a still stunning Lotus GP livery showed that it had still plenty of pace and Scott was the class of the field picking up cars (Porsche Cayman GT4, McLaren 570S GT4, Factory Panoz Avezzano, Chevy Camarro , and a slew of Ginetta G55 GT4 and Sin R1) one by one. Not bad considering the Evora and Scott have been stuck on the sidelines due to a lack of budget this season. 

The cool part was the way Lotus of Austin activated throughout the entire week end with a little line up of Evora 400 while Scott Bowman from Lotustalk added is own 410 to the display. This is the kind of activation Lotus should support and I hope that they will escalate this to Lotus US, Hethel HQ and Geely. If Only Lotus dealers and Lotus USA could see fit to support a race team like Scott's. PWC is being turned into the North American pendent of the Euro centric SRO Blancpain GT Series, with both sprint and endurance races. I can just dream of Lotus Evora RACE 460 racing in GT4 next year using an updated wide body based on the GT430... It would probably be a nightmare for some and a good way to reactivate Lotus Motorsport

attachment.php?attachmentid=1123394&stc=

attachment.php?attachmentid=1123386&stc=

Well done to Scott Dollahite for some very solid racing even thought the results could appear underwhelming on paper and kudos to Scott for posting these pics.

• Like 1