Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus In The Peak 2016 - an invitation - Page 2 - UK - Midlands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus In The Peak 2016 - an invitation

Phil S1

Just 4 weeks to go now until the big event!

Whilst places at Chatsworth are unlimited, anyone wishing to join in on one of the Sunday morning runs should get their name down soon. As Dean has said we already have over 100 cars confirmed on the runs which is brilliant but currently only have space for a maximum of 120.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

109 cars now booked and paid on the runs and procession!

If it stays fine we expect to comfortably exceed 200 cars.

Some models attending that have caught my eye include:

Esprit v8 in mustard (mmmm)

340R

3 x mk1 Cortinas 

S1 Exige

Evora 400s in black (lovely) and red (stunning!)

Elan 26R 

New Elise Cup

The excitement is building! 

Dean

As a long-time MLOCer, I too recommend this. It's a great day. The thing I love about it is that pretty much everyone there loves pretty much every car there. Most people would happily consider swapping for pretty much anything else. No-one wants rid of their own cars – they'd have to think about it, but everyone just loves a Lotus. And there are PLENTY of them! Great cars, lovely people, and Dean and his team do a stunning job. (I know I've not booked quite yet Dean, but there's still a glimmer of hope I'll be able to make a weekend of it with the family.) You won't regret it. Really.

• Like 1

Sounds like a top day out!

What time do the runs set off on Sunday? Im not sure how early I can persuade my 3 year old daughter to get up for a day out in" Daddys noisy car ". If I miss out the run and drive straight to Chatsworth do I have to be there for a particular time?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

The runs start early I'm afraid, primarily to enjoy the roads before they get too busy. You'd need to get to either Matlock Bath or Ashbourne by 07:20 at the latest. If that is a little too early for your daughter then you can arrive at Chatsworth from 10:00 onwards. You would then be able to watch the procession as they all arrive which should be at around 10:40 onwards.

Hope to see you there

Phil

As with recent years 'LitP Spec Sheet 2016' is now available within the download section on MLOC or via this direct link:-

http://www.midlandsl...pec-sheet-2016/

It's a simple A4 format, the idea being for owners to tell fellow Lotus owners, enthusiasts and the general public any interesting facts and stories about their cars.

Feel free to add whatever you like (that's suitable for children's eyes) be that; photos, dyno plots, great road trips you have been on, any competition history or other item of historical interest. The choice is entirely yours.

As an added bonus, you may just gain that vital extra vote or two and win our coveted 'Car of the Day' trophy in the process.

So, fill one out, print it off and bring it with you to display in your windscreen on the day.

There will also be blank paper copies available at the MLOC gazebo for any last minute entries on the day should you need one.

Have fun with it!

Phil

Edited by Phil S1

Numbers booked on the runs up 20 percent on last year (117 Lotuses!) - if it's fine on the day we predict 215 cars in total at Chatsworth   :-)

If you haven't already please have a look at and like our Facebook page. 

Thank you

Dean B on behalf of the LitP organising team

• Like 1

There's now only a couple of days left to pre-book your place. The LitP event- including runs, catered picnics and raffle tickets will be taken out of the MLOC online store at 6.30pm on Wednesday 13th July. Tickets for attending Chatsworth only will be available at the gate and raffle tickets can be purchased on the day but places on the run and picnics must be purchased in advance. Please note we do not have many places left on the runs. We will do our best to accommodate everyone but reserve the right to bring the run deadline forward if we receive a flurry of late bookings.

We have a total of 147 Lotus cars booked and pre-paid for the event now, 120 of which are on the morning runs.

The weather looks like being dry too so we expect a good number more will turn up and pay on the gate.

It looks like being our biggest event yet!

Hope to see you there :)

Thank you from the LitP team to all who took part.  The sun shone brightly on us all and we had a lot of fun.

210 cars were counted (possibly a few more attended) which is a new LitP record.

We are very happy.

Thank you also to Central Lotus for bringing 5 cars and really getting in to the spirit of it.

Dean

• Like 1

• 1 month later...