Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus In The Peak 2016 - an invitation - UK - Midlands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus In The Peak 2016 - an invitation

Phil S1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Bibs, from another Elise S1 and Impreza owner...no longer a WRX I'm afraid, just a RX...I also originated from Kent...many many years ago!

Thanks for the thumbs up, hope you're able to make it this year

• Like 1

Hi Captain Slow, it's great to hear the Lotus Car Club of Sweden will be joining us...that's an epic road trip you have planned, don't you sleep at all during the Summer months ;-)

10 minutes ago, Phil S1 said:

Hi Captain Slow, it's great to hear the Lotus Car Club of Sweden will be joining us...that's an epic road trip you have planned, don't you sleep at all during the Summer months ;-)

No, but we hibernate from October to April :-)

Yes Bibs it's about time you came along and saw what you've been missing these last four years ☺  

I will even buy you a pint at the Warm Up!

Fantastic news that we have the Swedish Lotus Mafia along too ???????????

Yes Bibs it's about time you came along and saw what you've been missing these last four years ☺  

I will even buy you a pint at the Warm Up!

Fantastic news that we have the Swedish Lotus Mafia along too ???????????

By the way there are a few photos of previous years on the (new!) Lotus in the Peak facebook page  ☺

Looks fab and a nice day out with some stunning views, on the you tube video in one of the posts above whats going on in the video at  1.46 i think its an old elan but did they drive up without a windscreen and paint, looks like a proper rolling restoration been used that day lol , fair play to them if it was, that is dedication to make the event.:P

A

That's one of the organisers car, it is still being restored, not sure it will be completed in time for this year's LitP. And no, funny as it would've been, they didn't drive it there, it had to be trailered ;-)

Yes the Elan is Simon's.  Sadly I  doubt it will be finished for this year's LitP so I suppose he will have to decide which of his two exiges to bring instead!  (I'm not jealous honest!)

• 3 weeks later...

So far we have 53 cars booked on the runs.  Looking good with Esprits, Elans (early and M100s),  Europas (SE),  an Excel,  some Eclats,  a 340R,  two or three exige roadsters, an Evora or two as well as plenty of Elises and Exiges.

Get over to mloc and get booked on!  You know you want to! 

On 14 mars 2016 at 20:27, CaptainSlow said:

As part of our 40th anniversary tour a number of swedish pagans will join this event :thumbup:

Ferry booked, 8 cars (with 14 people) coming along. 5 cars stays for the second part of the tour and will join Lotus in the Peaks. Looking forward to meet you all!

• Like 1

Very excited about this Captain Slow!  You will love the Peak District I'm sure, it is one of the most beautiful parts of England.  It looks even better full of Lotuses!

• 2 weeks later...

73 cars booked on the runs already!

Please don't forget if you want to take part in the runs and the procession in to Chatsworth this must be booked in advance via the mloc online store  (midlandslotus.co.uk).  

What are you waiting for?!?

:-)

:-)

Dean

Nice photos Rich.  I love the second one showing the procession in to Chatsworth.  I think that car at the front might be mine  ?

What did it look like from a spectators perspective as the procession came in?  Was it good?

It's a great day...

Part of the fun of owning a Lotus is the driving experience :devil::ph34r:B-):wub:...  So first it was great being part of the run, people giving us a wave and taking photos of us on route.

11743009_928996313805914_4254653572316956129_n - Copy.jpg

THEN all of us coming together and driving into Chatsworth...  :)B-):wub: the cars all looking great, every colour and most of the models. It was a truly WOW moment.

IMG_0505.JPG

Another part of the fun of owning a Lotus is talking to other owners... 

IMG_0525.JPG

And finally I won on the raffle... Day out with a Lotus Race team

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

• Like 2

Four years I have been trying to win that bloody raffle and nothing,  rien,  nada!

We only have about 20 prizes every time!

Thank you for that lovely post Rich,  I am really pleased you enjoyed the day.  It is the driving part that makes this event different to other events - the runs on great roads and the procession in to Chatsworth is unique I think.  The other aspect we work hard on is making it a good social event, where people talk to each other and make new friends.  It is great to hear you appreciated both.  

• Like 1

82 cars booked on the runs so far!

It's shaping up nicely.  If you would like to join in the fun please go to the online store at midlandslotus.co.uk - it's only a tenner!  ?

Dean

We at MLOC are very happy to announce that Central Lotus will be sponsoring this year's LitP event! 

Andy and Kevin at Central Lotus are huge Lotus enthusiasts and will be bringing along an Evora 400, an Exige 350 and an Elise Cup.  Look out for them on the runs.

• 4 weeks later...

More LitP news:

Central Lotus will be taking part in the early morning runs with an Evora 400 and an Exige S.  I wonder who the lucky person will be that gets to follow the 400 around Derbyshire's finest roads?  That noise....that rear end....

The South West Wales Lotus Club are bringing 8 cars and making a weekend of it.  They have their hotel booked and will be attending the Saturday night Warm Up too - that's the way to do it!  Welcome aboard chaps! 

Paul Shipley of PJS Classic and Race Cars (Burton on Trent) has kindly agreed to provide the trophies for the Car of The Day competition and will also be bringing his full - house  Elan 26R along.   If we are lucky we may even see it on one of the runs - look for the man with earplugs!

Numbers booked and paid for the event stand at 104 (94 on the runs and attending Chatsworth,  10 Chatsworth only).

If you fancy it head over to midlandslotus.co.uk to book - the earlier the better to ease the burden on the organisers (me, principally!) please  :-)

Thank you

Dean

• 3 weeks later...