Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My first track day - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My first track day

NW76

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No problem with the noise limits? 

This circuit is like a mini Nordschleife, but for me NS is closer and no noise limits, so easy choice B-) but maybe some day. 

Hi Waky,

you name it ;-) They pulled me out in Stint two - supposably with 135db?!? (didnt even know the Exige Exhaust was so loud) in one of the long left corners. I ended up using 4th or 5th gear in that corner from there on and was fine.

Cheers

Norbert

I couldnt believe the messuring either and told the track marshall that this can not be true, as I have the standard exhaust, which definitely is less than 100dB. He then mentioned, that I might have been at very high rpm ... and he was right that I was at (6000 rpm plus) and told me that it will just be a warning and that I should just shift 1 or 2 gears up.

Still can not believe that the standard exhaust gets up to that level even at 6000 + rpm...

It cost me a couple of rounds ... as they pulled me out with a black flag, I had to drive up to the marshall etc. ... 

Despite the noise issue ... its still a great track and a big challenge for a beginner like me... will go there again ;-)

By the way: are you guys using racing brake pads on the Exige? I am not sure if I should ... in case you do... have you used the Pagid pads before? or which ones do you recomend? 

Thats what I did as well so far... Castrol SRF and standard pads... worked w/o issues at BB .... but I do not really have much experience ... a friend just told me he would change to the Pagid, as they are so much better...