Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LOTUS ESPRIT S3 3.7 V8 - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LOTUS ESPRIT S3 3.7 V8

Yer a hard man Bigsi - I thk it's fine but I'm a function over form man..

Those tail trims look the biz Danny - def what I had in mind - did the same place do ones in a larger diameter - I think my outlet bores are 3.5" each so the min height of the tail trims should be slightly more than that and perhaps 6" wide if poss. I can then still put my moroso baffles into the exhausts and the trims will disguise them nicely.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know im awful arent i!!

if i could strip my car down to its individual components, and clean them up polish, chrome pro fit, whatever i would, i would spend every day on the damn thing and get it to concours level.

then i would bloody drive it not stick it in a garage under a cover, mind you best thing is i get to clean it afterwards!!

<snip>

then i would bloody drive it not stick it in a garage under a cover, mind you best thing is i get to clean it afterwards!!

@bigsi - You know, thats really good to know - too many cars are restored to concours level and then never driven for fear of negating the effort that went into them. Heres hoping that Troy gets a move on with the engine, eh?

@Danny - talk us through those tail lights, would you - what did you do to them? I like the effect, but I suspect it'd only work on yours because of the silver. Almost DeLorean-esque aren't they?

Rich

Danny, just got back from holiday in Turkey (arrived 4:00am this morning :respect: ) and seen your Post about the header tank bracket.

I am afraid I am going to have to agree with the big fella coz I too think it looks pants.

You have gone to a fair bit of effort to paint the engine cover to make to make it look nice and then messed it all up with that bracket.

If you were to fashion some covers to go round it then I would probably be OK, but by which time you have chucked away any weight saving you may have got using the aluminium.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

You also prb don't need to get too caught up on the shape Danny as it's like that for the old set-up when it would have been rammed into the front bay of an Audi. Size and outlets are the main thing so you could simplify the design down a lot in ally.

Jon

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

MUCH better!!!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Fron the pics it looks great mate.... although I think this is going to be one of those, see it in the flesh, kind of things to make a final decision.......

If your happy, I'm happy...!!!!

Simon

Chunky Lover

Looks nice Danny :thumbsup: Glad you changed it and sorted out your wheel arch issues... What was the problem with the alignment and how did you fix it?

Frosty!

AWESOME progress! The mesh in back looks phenomenal! I love it. Also, had to agree with BigSi on the frankenbracket for the header tank.... Glad you found a suitable replacement and looks a treat! The tail pipes look superb, can't wait to see the YouTube vid of her starting up! I thought I was taking on a project with my car...Heck! Nice job!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• 3 weeks later...

dan

fantastic looking project. what size and offest are the wheels and tires? the stance looks wicked! i have a s3 also and was looking for some wheel size ideas.

cant wait till here how it all comes together for you.

cheers

pp

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

Where did you get that 90 degree bend from? I like the way it has a tight inside bend i.e no radius to take up room!

Can you please send me some details where to buy it from.

David Walters