Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 3 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Hi,

I have a 90's Stevens (Turbo SE) and some questions before I would commit to this:

Can they manufacture one out of Inconel instead of stainless steel (for higher price obviously)?
Will it be produced without
the external wastegate, as I want to keep the original turbo which has an internal one?

Thanks,

Tom

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The normal one off price is £1500 + VAT.

The group buy price £1250 + VAT + Shipping

The kit includes

1 Manifold

1 External Wastegate – Turbo Smart Compgate 40

1 Return pipe (Manifold to rear system)

4 Head flange gaskets

1 Turbo flange gasket

1 Brace with rear mounting bracket plate

12 m8 k nuts

4 Turbo flange nuts

Alunox also produce the rest of the exhaust to complete the system for both cars in 2.5” or 3”

If you are interested in the Full System (2.5") as an option for the G car, this will be £1900 without the high flow race CAT and £2000 with it. I believe the CAT is mainly for the US market , it will come with the v-band mounted bypass pipe as well.

Hi Mark,

Im interested in adding my name to the list but trying to figure out the difference in cost so as which option to go for.

Group buy price for G manifold is £1,250 + VAT and shipping

Is the price for a full system £1,900 for a one off price or is it the group buy cost? Does this include or exclude the VAT?

Thanks

Kenny

Hi Kenny ,

Yes that is the Group Buy price and yes it is £1900 + VAT . 

However I've spoken with Alunox and to try and promote the full system more as part of this Group Buy, Alunox are willing to drop the price off the

G Car full System to £1700 + VAT (without CAT) for a minimum order of 10 .Now you can sign up on the provision we hit 10 stating - Full System based on 10 GB.

The existing people who have already signed up with also benefit from this , I think we are already up to 4. Anybody who is already down for a G Car manifold can upgrade to this as well.

Mark

• Like 1

put me down for a stevens (95 s4) manifold only, shipped to Mountain Home, Idaho 83647, USA.

I don't see the option for full exhaust on stevens...

I also saw one member ask for exhaust to the box, is this an option? cost and availability for stevens cars?

thanks Bibs, Mark et all..

James

Edited by stormy69
  • Like 1

Aaron, Thanks for posting on Turboesprit list.   Almost missed this group buy!

Please count me in for ONE Stevens (S4S) manifold.

Just wondering what type of Stainless Steel the CNC flanges are made of...

Shipped to US (Illinois).  Should I assume that VAT tax does not apply to US shipments?

Zig

Edited by Zig

On 6/14/2016 at 11:29, TheRman said:

Hi,

I have a 90's Stevens (Turbo SE) and some questions before I would commit to this:

Can they manufacture one out of Inconel instead of stainless steel (for higher price obviously)?
Will it be produced without
the external wastegate, as I want to keep the original turbo which has an internal one?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Alunox could manufacture this in Inconel and retain the internal wastegate option,but I haven't got an exact price but it would be over £5000, F1 cars use Inconel and professional race teams.Its used where weight is an issue being up to 40% lighter than stainless steel as the tube wall thickness can be reduced to 1 mm.  

Dare I as ask why you need it as the 321 grade stainless can handle the exhaust gas temperatures produced by even highly modified Esprit's such as 'Dave Changes' car which is running at 460 bhp. The 321 grade stainless steel tube is a good choice for turbo engines due to it fracture resistance and temperature rating.

The flanges and collector are 304 grade due to the wall thickness being any where from 5 to 12 mm thick and so have good heat transfer. They are machined out of a solid piece. 

Alunox use the 321 grade tube in many of their products and have the tooling / expertise to work with it, unlike many of their competitors. 

Mark

Mark,

304 Stainless flanges at exhaust ports should be sufficient as long as back purging is used during the welding process to limit the carbide precipitation.  It also helps that  the aluminum head provides cooling capacity effect and the spread of weight across 4 manifold ports.

I am a bit concerned with the turbo collector flange longevity being CNCd from 304 block.  If it was just a 304 turbo mounting flange with 321 collector tubes welded to it more directly it would not be an issue, but this beautiful CNCd flange will see the highest temperature buildups, especially by the optional wastegate ports and be exposed to the mechanical stress of turbo dead weight and vibrations. 304 stainless is more sensitive to both. Hopefully the material choice Alunox made will not impact the longevity of this manifold.

Zig

Where does the 1988 US turboesprit fit into this? The 1988 cars have the G-car like external wastegate in a Stevens car.

Does the G-car manifold include a port for an external wastegate, preferably a commonly available modern external wastegate?

Edited by StevenD57

Ok im in for the full G car system at the new price £1700.

1)  @rocket63 - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold - UK

2)  @jcslocum (1984 G-Car just manifold)

3)  @pmlee  (Stevens SE, just manifold) - UK

4) @x180r19 (Stevens SE, just manifold) - CO, USA

5) @lewtus (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to CO, USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5? - CO, USA

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit - PA, USA

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. - UT, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo - UK

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit - MI, USA

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. - UK

12)  @andmac - Stevens Manifold - UK

13) @Saturn Silver - Stevens GT3 manifold - Sweden

14) @Teava12 - Stevens manifold - French Polynesia

14) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold - UK

15) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

16) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

17) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

18) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

19) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

20) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

21) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

22) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA

23) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK

2 hours ago, StevenD57 said:

Where does the 1988 US turboesprit fit into this? The 1988 cars have the G-car like external wastegate in a Stevens car.

Does the G-car manifold include a port for an external wastegate, preferably a commonly available modern external wastegate?

Hi if you read the first post in this thread you will see that the g car mainfold includes the wastegate :-)

But does the G-car manifold fit the 1988 Stevens cars?

2 minutes ago, NR2k said:

Hi if you read the first post in this thread you will see that the g car mainfold includes the wastegate :-)

Edited by StevenD57

5 minutes ago, StevenD57 said:

But does the G-car manifold fit the 1988 Stevens cars?

You will need a wiser person than me to answer that question. I am sure one will be along soon. @MarkKassim

Mark- 

Quick question, I'm currently down for a Stephens Manifold. If I were to get the full Stevens system, could I get the Single outlet Muffler like on the G cars? The reason I'm asking is; I have a G car that is internally wastegated. If this is true you can put me down for a full Stevens. 3"

Kind regards

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your convincing reply.  As I requested in my previous post, please do not forget to count me in for ONE Stevens (S4S) manifold.

Shipped to US (Illinois).

Zig

Questions,

In the side view of the stevens manifold that port/vent just ahead of the turbo would be the optional external waste gate?

The standard internal waste gate manifold would not have this correct?

Is there a picture of the standard version?

I would be using the stock internal waste gate turbo on a 89SE.

Thanks

( I'm probably on board for this )

4 hours ago, EW 89SE said:

Questions,

In the side view of the stevens manifold that port/vent just ahead of the turbo would be the optional external waste gate?

Thanks

Have you seen the picture at the start of this thread?

18 hours ago, MarkKassim said:

Hi Tom,

Alunox could manufacture this in Inconel and retain the internal wastegate option,but I haven't got an exact price but it would be over £5000, F1 cars use Inconel and professional race teams.Its used where weight is an issue being up to 40% lighter than stainless steel as the tube wall thickness can be reduced to 1 mm.  

Dare I as ask why you need it as the 321 grade stainless can handle the exhaust gas temperatures produced by even highly modified Esprit's such as 'Dave Changes' car which is running at 460 bhp. The 321 grade stainless steel tube is a good choice for turbo engines due to it fracture resistance and temperature rating.

The flanges and collector are 304 grade due to the wall thickness being any where from 5 to 12 mm thick and so have good heat transfer. They are machined out of a solid piece. 

Alunox use the 321 grade tube in many of their products and have the tooling / expertise to work with it, unlike many of their competitors. 

Mark

I guess this is not the right place to have some heated (pun intended) discussion about manifold materials. Is there some thread for this?

So I would have to deal with Alunox directly anyway, because switching material would exclude it from this group buy, right?

1 hour ago, NR2k said:

Have you seen the picture at the start of this thread?

All of the manifold pictures for the stevens version show an external wastegate or that section is hidden (view angle).

That is why I was asking (and EW 89SE probably as well).

17 hours ago, Mattzx said:

There are a few members which requested in their posts to be added to the list.  This also includes me...

Where is this buyers list residing and who controls the entries?

1)  @rocket63 - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold - UK

2)  @jcslocum (1984 G-Car just manifold)

3)  @pmlee  (Stevens SE, just manifold) - UK

4) @x180r19 (Stevens SE, just manifold) - CO, USA

5) @lewtus (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to CO, USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5? - CO, USA

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit - PA, USA

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. - UT, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo - UK

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit - MI, USA

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. - UK

12)  @andmac - Stevens Manifold - UK

13) @Saturn Silver - Stevens GT3 manifold - Sweden

14) @Teava12 - Stevens manifold - French Polynesia

14) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold - UK

15) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

16) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

17) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

18) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

19) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

20) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

21) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

22) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA

23) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK

11 hours ago, EW 89SE said:

Questions,

Thanks

I believe his concern is that the image shows an internally gated turbo on a manifold that appears to be configured for an external setup.....

574c8f6a2a437_Stevens2.thumb.jpg.c1695a9088ccbde796132e21380f8d69.jpg

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington