Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 4 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

2 hours ago, Zig said:

There are a few members which requested in their posts to be added to the list.  This also includes me...

Where is this buyers list residing and who controls the entries?

1)  @rocket63 - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold - UK

2)  @jcslocum (1984 G-Car just manifold)

3)  @pmlee  (Stevens SE, just manifold) - UK

4) @x180r19 (Stevens SE, just manifold) - CO, USA

5) @lewtus (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to CO, USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5? - CO, USA

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit - PA, USA

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. - UT, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo - UK

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit - MI, USA

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. - UK

12)  @andmac - Stevens Manifold - UK

13) @Saturn Silver - Stevens GT3 manifold - Sweden

14) @Teava12 - Stevens manifold - French Polynesia

14) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold - UK

15) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

16) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

17) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

18) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

19) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

20) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

21) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

22) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA

23) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK

24) @Zig ONE Stevens (S4S) manifold. Shipped to US (Illinois).

You can modify the list yourselves, apparently

1 hour ago, ATSAaron said:

That isn't even an external wastegate flange, it's just a hole in the collector. 

Aaron

Gotcha, just for display purposes then?

Thanks

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

I would recommend everyone getting the stevens manifold request an external wastegate port and also get one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wastegate-Block-off-Flange-For-Tial-38mm-MVS-V-band-Billet-Mile-steel-exhaust-/380769951163

That will give the option of an external wastegate later down the road without removing and modifying the manifold.

Aaron

50 minutes ago, Htown said:

Gotcha, just for display purposes then?

Thanks

I don't know. Some guy keeps saying to look at the picture...but the picture doesn't show us what we are asking about.

• Like 1

If you check the third picture on the first post of this topic it shows a port for a wastegate  Check the original post in the technical forum exhaust and manifold section for pictures of the cnc machined collector. I assume a blanking plate will be supplied for use with the internal wastegate of the stevens cars or a collector without the wastegate port.

Hi Guys , think we missed one back there.

5) @lewtus (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to CO, USA)

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. - UK

14) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold - UK

15) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

16) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

17) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

18) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

19) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

20) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

21) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

22) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA

23) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK  - Full System Based on 10 GB

24) keith95S4 G car full system (no cat)

25) Stormy69 - Stevens

26) Zig - Stevens

I will try and answer the questions and the ones I can't I will contact Leon at Alunox.

A lot of people are asking for the rear system for the Stevens Car, I have a 1990 SE and are currently running the full Alunox system in  3" and twin outlets. There are few options here such 2.5" or 3" single or twin exit. It is a different rear system to the G Car. Also there is an option for an additional silencer on v bands, mine runs at about 98 db with out it.(4500 rpm noise test at castle combe)

If you go for twin exit  you will need to modify the rear valance , I will try and post some pictures soon. I will approach Leon to put a price together for each for this GB.

Some of you have spotted to port on the collector, if you do want to go external on the Stevens you will need to specify it when we place the order . It will be blanked off by default it was only for display in the picture. I think there may be a small cost in going for the external flange, I will confirm. If your going that route you may want the wastegate as well , again I will approach Leon for a price.

StevenD57 - I think your car can use either , but if you go for the Stevens manifold you will need to buy the Stevens rear system as well as the turbo position will then be different.

Tom - Alunox can make it but that is very specialized , Alunox are aware of your request. 

Mark

• Like 1

I'm interested in a Stephens manifold for my 93.5 Esprit.  Shipped to the USA.  Postal Zip Code 32963

Please add me to the list.  Maybe, I missed it, but what methods of payment will be accepted?

Edited by QuadCam

Mark,

It seems like a "standard" CNC collector contains ports for outside wastegate. Instead of designing another without the wastegate ports, or welding a blanking plate... it would make more sense, like Aaron suggested, to have 38mm flange welded on and have blanking plate and V-band supplied with Stevens manifold. This would provide an option for different configurations and reduce the number of manifold variations and simplify production...   Alunox already would have to weld a blanking plate, so they would just weld a flange instead. 

I think that group buy grew so much, that this would not be Alunox profit eating feature...  they could just consider it as additional incentive....

Zig

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, standard turbo flange - UK

15) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold - UK

16) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

17) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

18) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

19) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

20) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

21) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

22) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

23) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA

24) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK  - Full System Based on 10 GB

25) keith95S4 G car full system (no cat)

26) Stormy69 - Stevens

27) Zig - Stevens

28) Quadcam - Stevens manifold for 93.5 -usa

Numbering corrected, and my choice of turbo flange confirmed as standard.

I would really rather not have a blanked off external wastegate flange at all on mine for numerous reasons. Please don't compromise the Stevens manifold in any such way.

Thx

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

I am with Zig, I don't currently plan to go to an external wastegate turbo but should i ever upgrade i would like the option.

I would also like to thank whomever posted on the esprit list as i would have missed this as well.

8 hours ago, stormy69 said:

I am with Zig, I don't currently plan to go to an external wastegate turbo but should i ever upgrade i would like the option.

I would also like to thank whomever posted on the esprit list as i would have missed this as well.

I see this as a potential weak point in the weld, as well as a potential disruption in laminar flow. If I'm going to pony this kind of dough on a manifold, I want it to be perfect. If a switch to external wastegate is wanted, then I'd rather see those few manifolds compromised rather than the whole lot of Stevens orders.  should the rest pay a penalty so the few can make a possible future change to external easier?

16 hours ago, Zig said:

Mark,

It seems like a "standard" CNC collector contains ports for outside wastegate. Instead of designing another without the wastegate ports, or welding a blanking plate... it would make more sense, like Aaron suggested, to have 38mm flange welded on and have blanking plate and V-band supplied with Stevens manifold. This would provide an option for different configurations and reduce the number of manifold variations and simplify production...   Alunox already would have to weld a blanking plate, so they would just weld a flange instead. 

I think that group buy grew so much, that this would not be Alunox profit eating feature...  they could just consider it as additional incentive....

Zig

Hi Zig, I will have to talk with Leon at Alunox about supplying a blanking plate and V -Band clamp, there may be a small increase in cost to cover the components. You could then have yours with this option and anyone else. The standard ones will be blanked at source without flange. Which would simplify production like you said.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Let me state what my understanding is of the CNC collector situation.  

1. CNC collector version comes only with the wastegate ports machined already.

2. There is no CNC collector available without the wastegate ports machined.

3. In order to make Stevens manifold version, the wastegate port would be covered with welded-on blanking plate, or there might be an option to have a flange welded-on and a separate blanking plate attached using V-clamp.  (Either solution will have an impact on the laminar flow Craig is so concerned with...)  

Please correct any miss-statements I made.  Just trying to have a clear understanding of the situation.

Zig

On June 17, 2016 at 21:34, NR2k said:

7) @greentengu 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro - Manifold only - PA, USA

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only - UT, USA

24) Mattzx - G car full system (no cat) - '84 Giugiaro Turbo - UK  - Full System Based on 10 GB

26) Stormy69 - Stevens

27) Zig - Stevens

28) Quadcam - Stevens manifold for 93.5 - USA

Added "HCI" to my listing to reflect the need for an O2 bung to be welded on.

Also, not trying to cause headaches or face palming, but, any idea if Alunox will be able to source the waste gates with the correct pressures? I went to the manufacturer site and they only list 7 lbs. (too low) or 14 lbs. (too high) for "over the counter" retail sale. I believe some pre-'86 cars opened at 8 lbs., but the '86-'88 HCI's opened at 9.5 lbs. (but some cars were mysteriously de-tuned to 8 lbs. via a spacer, as I understand from reading posts the forums).

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

I haven't figured out how to be on the list.  I do want one for a Stevens S4.  I currently have no plans to convert to a separate waste gate.  I don't mind having a port so that I could change my mind later, but I would like to be clear on precisely what I will be buying, and precisely how to blank off the waste gate connection, if that is what will be required.

It appears that there are now 30 people that have signed up for the group buy. Is there a projected closing date for the group buy? Has Alunex provided a any idea of time required for delivery after the orders are placed? Just wondering as I currently have a rebuild project in progress.

Well this could be fortuitous! having popped on for a read this morning not being as active on here as I used to be.

having got the car back on the road only for it to blow a small hole in the manifold on its first trip! It now sounds like a tractor.

as Keith above said is there any planned closing date and then lead time on this? I was thinking of gong down the SJ upgrade route but if this isnt too far off then I may add my name and go this route.

Hi Guys,
             A few things to cover now we have reached 30.
Can everyone email Anita at Alunox on anita@alunox.co.uk stating your full name and address so she can work out the total cost including carriage. Anita will then arrange how to proceed with the payment.
Alunox can manufacture the collector without the external wastegate port instead of blanking it off for those of you who don’t require this option, however there may be a delay in producing as to the design change. For those who do want to take this option for future use of an external wastegate and have a blanked flange with clamp, there is an additional charge of £60. Can you state when replying to Anita.
So when replying can you state:
•    Full Name and Address
•    Manifold / System – i.e. Stevens or G Car/ Full system etc.
•    Stevens guys – wastegate Port option – none or External flange with blanking plate and clamp

I will chase for delivery times, and production status for the first 30
I’ve spoken with Leon at Alunox and they are happy to continue this Group Buy for 40 or more, just copy the last list and add your name, manifold /system type and location. At the moment there is no cut off date.

Thanks,

Mark

On 6/17/2016 at 18:34, NR2k said:

26) Stormy69 - Stevens

27) Zig - Stevens

28) Quadcam - Stevens manifold for 93.5 -usa

29) @850 Combat - Stevens with external connection capped Oregon USA 97141

Numbering corrected, and my choice of turbo flange confirmed as standard.

Edited by 850 Combat
Left off @ and Location

On 6/18/2016 at 12:37, jcslocum said:

And the questions continue....

Can we get a 3" pipe set to go with the G car header??? Extra cost for the larger size?

Jon I haven't forgot I am chasing up along with the waste gate pressure settings .

Mark

27 minutes ago, MarkKassim said:

Hi Guys,
             A few things to cover now we have reached 30.
Can everyone email Anita at Alunox on anita@alunox.co.uk stating your full name and address so she can work out the total cost including carriage. Anita will then arrange how to proceed with the payment.
Alunox can manufacture the collector without the external wastegate port instead of blanking it off for those of you who don’t require this option, however there may be a delay in producing as to the design change. For those who do want to take this option for future use of an external wastegate and have a blanked flange with clamp, there is an additional charge of £60. Can you state when replying to Anita.
So when replying can you state:
•    Full Name and Address
•    Manifold / System – i.e. Stevens or G Car/ Full system etc.
•    Stevens guys – wastegate Port option – none or External flange with blanking plate and clamp

I will chase for delivery times, and production status for the first 30
I’ve spoken with Leon at Alunox and they are happy to continue this Group Buy for 40 or more, just copy the last list and add your name, manifold /system type and location. At the moment there is no cut off date.

Thanks,

Mark

Email sent.  Thanks again guys!

Craig

• Like 1