Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 12 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Hi Guys

Alunox have received two payments into their bank account which they believe are bank giro credits and cannot identify who they belong to.

One has hit our bank account on the 01/09/2016 in the sum of £2056.12 and the other has hit our account today 05/09/2016 in the sum of £1047.59 . 

If  anyone has made payments direct into Alunox's bank account over the last couple of working days could you email Anita to confirm who you are.

Thanks,

Mark

An update on rear system price structure with this group buy
All Systems are hand crafted to the highest standard using the following techniques:
   •   Mandrel Bending– The tubes are bent in a hydraulic machine, the mandrel tooling being inserted beforehand inside the tube. This     ensures that the diameter of the tube is completely uniform throughout the bend. This process also enhances the gas flow by keeping the internal bore smooth.
   •    Fabricated in dedicated jigs to maintain fitting accuracy and prevent distortion during welding.
   •    Purge TIG Welding – Each section is filled with an inert gas before welding to again ensure a smooth internal surface and maximise         flow.
They are an upgrade in terms of gas flow and durability, designed and constructed to motorsport standard. They are made from 304 grade stainless steel and include a flexible coupling to minimize vibration and resonance. The silencers are packed with high temperature resistant silicone glass fibre.

Giugiaro Rear System options

High Flow 2.5“ System Twin Tail Pipe
This is the 2.5” down pipe shown with V Band mounted CAT which allows for a quick bypass replacement if required, but is also available without CAT.

G Car 25 In With CAT.jpg

G Car 25 inch Twin Exit.jpg

With 2.5” rear silencer. 
The silencer is constructed using a merged collector giving enhanced flow and noise reduction as shown from below
Top View Silencer.jpg

2.5” side on view
The bore is bigger than the standard exhaust for the Esprit, allowing owners to tune their cars further if needed. 
Supplied with the wastegate pipe work.
Price - £890 without CAT as part of this GB £840
£1050 with CAT and bypass tube mounted on V Bands.

High Flow 3“ Rear System Twin/Single Tail Pipes
This is the twin tail pipe exhaust as per the standard configuration.

Wheel Arc 1.jpg

G Car 25 inch Twin Exit.jpg

The silencer is constructed using a merged collector (3”) giving greater flow and noise reduction as shown from below

Top View Silencer 3 Inch.jpg

3” side on view of silencer 
3” Twin Tail Pipe Price - £1120 as part of this GB £1070

G Car 3 inch Single Exit.jpg

This is the 3” diameter system  with internal silencer dimensions to match to match the bigger Flow characteristics.
3” Single Tail Pipe Price - £890 as part of this GB £840

The bigger diameter bore allows for greater gas flow for owners who want to tune their cars further.
All Supplied with the wastegate pipe work.

Peter Stevens Rear System options
Side Exit 2.5“ High Flow Rear System
This is the Side exit rear silencer as per the original layout Standard side exit.jpg

Price as part this Group Buy
2.5” - £500
3”    - £650

3“ High Flow Rear System
This system has twin exit tail pipes.

Stevens Rear 3 Inch Twin Exit.jpg

The third silencer on the down pipe is mounted in V Bands and can be replaced with the straight through bypass pipe supplied with this system.
Without the third silencer fitted it noise tests at 99 dB (4500rpm at 1m distance)
With the silencer is pretty much the stock in terms of noise level 
The system is also available in 2.5”
This is the system fitted to an SE

Stevens 3 Inch Twin.jpg

This is a Dyno run with the 3" twin rear system and manifold , to give some idea of the noise levels 

This is the 2.5” version of the rear twin system fitted to a GT3

GT4 Rear Twin Exit.jpg

Prices as part of this Group Buy
2.5” - £600
3”    - £700

Centre Exit 3” Rear System

Center Rear 3 Inch.jpg

This is the Centre exit available in 3” 
Price - £820 as part of this Group Buy

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

Couple of questions please. I have an S4. Is there a CAT option? Is this built into the 3rd silencer? 

Are the prices VAT inclusive or plus VAT?

Thanks

Paul

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

3" twin exit tail pipes.system could use some improvements.  Splitter section angles are too tight and will cause unnecessary back-pressure buildup.

Stevens Rear 3 Inch Twin Exit.jpg

In their twin exit tail pipes system Alunox should have spaced both silencers more a part, shortening straight section running to the exhaust tips, use the main silencer configuration from their center exhaust version (pictured below) and run with separate dual pipes to the secondary silencers.

Center Rear 3 Inch.jpg

Just my observation.

Zig

Edited by Zig

On 9/8/2016 at 05:09, rocket63 said:

Hi Mark,

Couple of questions please. I have an S4. Is there a CAT option? Is this built into the 3rd silencer? 

Are the prices VAT inclusive or plus VAT?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes I should have stated prices do NOT include VAT. Yes Alunox can put a CAT in place of the 3rd silencer for an additional £200.

Mark

Just a quick web search would resolved your dilemma:  A muffler (silencer in many non-US English speaking countries) is a device for decreasing the amount of noise emitted by the exhaust of an internal combustion engine.

I bet your next question will be Tyre vs Tire?

tyre  /ˈtaɪə/ noun. a rubber ring placed over the rim of a wheel of a road vehicle to provide traction and reduce road shocks, esp a hollow inflated ring (pneumatic tyre) consisting of a reinforced outer casing enclosing an inner tube.

versus:

tire2 ˈtī(ə)r/ noun a rubber covering, typically inflated or surrounding an inflated inner tube, placed around a wheel to form a flexible contact with the road.

So tyre is a rubber ring... Tire on the other hand is a rubber covering...

LOL

Zig

Hi Mark.

Is there any update on despatching the manifolds? I have contacted Anita this week but had no response to date. Its been nearly 5 weeks since the invoice was paid.

Thanks B-)

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Ooooo. Exciting.

Thanks for the update Mark :)

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

So manifold arrived today B-)

• Like 1

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Because ALUNOX shipped them by UPS, not DHL like I suggested... UPS will now collect an additional "customs clearing" charge of around $39.00 which is a ripoff, because DHL and FedEx do not charge recipients at all...  

You are very hard to please, never buy anything from me!

Since it's their risk until you sign for the delivery, with such an expensive item it's their choice to ship with who they wish. Any issue you have with a fee should be taken up with the shipper, not the supplier.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

BIBS "the founder" wrote: "You are very hard to please, never buy anything from me!"

It is not an issue of "being hard to please", but an issue of knowing the total cost!  

My motto is: KNOW WHAT YOU BUY AND WHAT IT WILL COST YOU

Zig

BTW BIBS.  Do not be so concerned of me trying to buy something from you.  Tried once to buy Lotus part you listed... and you never followed up...  just gave me excuses of being "so busy".

(Are you going to un-list my id now in retaliation, like it usually happens with other members which are banned from posting?)

Edited by Zig

6 hours ago, Zig said:

just gave me excuses of being "so busy".

Put 2 and 2 together :)

6 hours ago, Zig said:

(Are you going to un-list my id now in retaliation, like it usually happens with other members which are banned from posting?)

No, but a confrontational comment like this certainly puts you on my watch list especially as you edited it to make it more barbed..

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

9 hours ago, jcslocum said:

I have paid fees with DHL last year when I had some mini parts shipped over for another project. I don't like it but that is the way it works when buying from overseas. 

Jon- do they ask for a check at time of delivery or give you a bill to mail in? I've found that everyone has their hand out. When I did the bank transfer to pay for my system, I had two outstretched palms I had to grease, one from a bank on each side of the pond. Welcome to 21st century business.

Geez- here we go.

Bart Simpson eating popcorn.jpg

Yup, just had some parts delivered from the USA with DHL and had to pay customs and clearance and VAT. Not unusual or unexpected !

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg