Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Body work 89 Turbo begins - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Body work 89 Turbo begins

:thumbup:

Thanks!!!! I'm anxious to get it back and get my brake kit fitted next!! And don't worry Mark, I'm watching your project closely too! Do you work? I'm beginnning to think your job is your Esprit!!!! Nice going, can't wait to see 'er when she' s done.

Artie

soooooooo beautiful... mmmmmmm. i want... i want.... that's absolutely gorgeous!!!!

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, indeed, work..... 6 days a week infact... I'm just a mild work-o-holic

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Artie,

Your car looks stunning, truly stunning, love the paintjob, the wheels and

the custom spoiler, it has the stance of a track monster about it much

like the sport 300,

If i ever get a stevens car again i will follow

down your path :thumbup:

regards danny :thumbup:

A

Artie,

Your car looks stunning, truly stunning, love the paintjob, the wheels and

the custom spoiler, it has the stance of a track monster about it much

like the sport 300,

If i ever get a stevens car again i will follow

down your path :thumbup:

regards danny :cheers:

:welcome:

Thanks Danny, I don't know what to say to a guy who's managed to marry old world technology with new world motivation....I love the look of the Audi V8 in your beautiful silver G! I am hoping to finish the Sport 300 look if I can find a pair of SE sills sometime. I considered ordering them from SJ sportscars but shipping would have been more than the sills, and US customs couldn't even give me an estimate on customs fees!

Artie

Not bad, not bad at all.................

Hilly

Thanks! I pick er up tomorrow, I'll take some pictures tomorrow evening if it's not raining as expected and I can get 'er cleaned up and presentable!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

She's Home again! Picked er up today. Of course it hasn't rained for weeks and it's been absolutely beautiful til I pull out of the body shop.....Rain! Anyway, still some small items to wrap up, like call Lotus PBC and have Claudius send me the correct emblem for the light panel, he sent me the wrong one. I need to clay bar the car and get the little bit of overspray off and some odds and ends. Here's the rear end with the valence installed. More pics soon outside in the sunshine.

Artie

artspictures38950fn8.jpg

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

i'm seriously considering your body mods now... damn you.... actually, first I need to find an 89+ intake plenum, ecu, injectors, chargecooler etc... I'd like to have a little more power potential first.

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Artie,

Looks phenomenal! Are you still planning on the big brakes, and have you gotten any other opinions about using the big brake system? I still can't see why Claudius would say that about the brakes.

Mark,

Are you like a alien/robot, that never requires sleep?! :unworthy: I can't imagine taking on your quantity of work. How do you manage? Now you want to do more! :wallbash:

Cheers, Lee

Artie,

Looks phenomenal! Are you still planning on the big brakes, and have you gotten any other opinions about using the big brake system? I still can't see why Claudius would say that about the brakes.

Mark,

Are you like a alien/robot, that never requires sleep?! :unworthy: I can't imagine taking on your quantity of work. How do you manage? Now you want to do more! :wallbash:

Cheers, Lee

Mark,

Thanks! Just be sure the body shop is quality, my body shop needed some serious prodding and direction to get thing close to what I wanted!

Lee,

Thanks, yes, I am getting new seals for the calipers tomorrow and will then start to work on the mounting points. I have very little invested so far and I may look into just doing the WC 4 pot AP set as it's ready to install with no engineering on my part....I'm somewhat impatient when I have to wait for others to machine things or fabricate for me as my stuff usually ends up at the bottom of their pile!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Everything is starting to come together. After 4 months in the upholstry shop, my center console was done today along with the door inserts. I installed all of them and also, installed one of my painted door handles. Pictures of that tomorrow if I get time.

Artie

img1578ac2.jpg

img1579dw6.jpg

img1580jw3.jpg

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

very nice again man!!!!

very nice again man!!!!

Thanks, Likewise. Looks like your project is coming together nicely!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• 3 months later...

look at that quilted stiching.. god im drooling now!! i cant wait to get mine done, and to be honest i am really thinking of just buying a machine off ebay and doing it myself again, i did my fairlady in leather s the esprit wouldt be much of a challenge really.

very nice, I really like your interior

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 5 months later...

FOUR MONTHS!!!! four months in the upholstery shop is astounding. what exactly were they doing. I do a little trimming as a hobby and design interior trim for a living for a UK prestige car company, so know whats involved. but that a huge amount of time.

I recently re-trimmed a couple of seats for my project which is sitting in the garage (not lotus, unfortunately!).... let me see if I can find a before and after...

ok here you go, these are the latest recaro aftermarket seats which were going cheap as someone tasefully had them trimmed in white vinyl with carbon effect (how tacky) vinyl centers oh and to top it all off, had a shamrock stiched into the headrest! WTF!?

Anyway after two weekends and a week of evenings they are looking much sweeter (well i think anyway - you may like shamrocks?) all completed using a fine grain black automotive leather with double stitched quilted centers.

Let me know what you think and seriously if anyone else (in the uk) wants a custom interior> drop me a line - it sure as hell wont take 4 months!!!

That said it does look like a nice job and brings the interior up to date - NICE JOB.

cheers,

Doug

Ps the photos a little dark as i finished them late one night and had to rely on the flash - still hope the get the idea!

post-1717-1202931384.jpg

post-1717-1202931444.jpg

post-1717-1202931458.jpg

Edited by tribetype40

OMG!!!Wow those look phenomenal! I'd love to do some sport seats like that, the stock seats are nice but no support at all! Those really are nice looking, too bad you are across the pond I'd buy them from you!!!!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Thanks kindly Doug, but I don't have that sort of funding available right now for the car, I'm getting ready to redo the garage and finish the basement in my house so I've got $15,000 us going into that project first! They still look amazing though!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm