Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finally! - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Finally!

ramjet

• Gold FFM

A white exige ( S206-AEL I think) on the motorway from York to Sheffield and I think an Elan +2 heading north on the same motorway. I think it was a bronze sort of colour. Oh obviously, when I say it was on the same motorway, it was on the side heading north.

Would have been after 5 for both of them.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, Michael, but you're going to have to be more specific. Was that on the A64 or the M1?:)

And being able to spot those two from all the way in Victoria, OZ, is a vision feat I can only hope to aspire to. What pills have you been taking anyway?

OK, OK, I know you're "currently in the U.K.," but, as I've been away for some while, I didn't catch the reason for this massive relocation.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

The reason is a holiday John. And I don't know what road we were on. :blush: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sometimes these roads have been known to have giant signs posted on them, but I completely understand your need to keep your attention focused on the operation of an unfamiliar "hire" car.:)

Glad you're catching a break from the rat race, Michael. Enjoy!

Cheers,

John

• Gold FFM

I'm in a tour coach mate. The driving would be too much.

• Gold FFM

Just asked our guide. It was the M1. :) 

• Gold FFM

Just asked our guide. It was the M1. :) 

8:05 and just saw the white exige heading into Sheffield again. At least I think it was the same one. M1 again.

10 hours ago, ramjet said:

I'm in a tour coach mate. The driving would be too much.

The wife and I managed to put over 2,000 miles on a rental hire car many years ago during a stay in the U.K. And we lived to tell the tale, despite the constant flow of idiots driving on the wrong side of the road. :)

• Gold FFM

You may not be aware.

You need to read this.

Geeze, Michael. I had no idea. Must have happened just about the time I "went to ground." I have to assume that, since you're on holiday, that your condition has [gradually] improved.

Life always seems to have a way of throwing curve balls at you from time to time. Sounds like Shane Warne himself must have thrown this one. Some folks here already know that I was out of work for a couple of years, too, following heart surgery (long before I joined the forum). Not trying to steal the spotlight here, just trying to show you that things do get better, sometimes much better. My stamina on the ski slopes actually improved! Go figure.

Anyway, let me add my name to the long list in that post of people wishing you a full recovery. Enjoy the rest of your vacation in the U.K., and have a safe journey back to Victoria.

All the best,

John