Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Buying an exige - hopefully - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Buying an exige - hopefully

vw tt

7 hours ago, Fatsterjack said:

Just to fan the flames.....

I sold my GT4.

I pick up my Exige LF1 on Friday.  

As a drivers car the Exige is a compelling proposition.  Some will love the convenience of a Cayman but from my experience I'm expecting more smiles and miles in my Exige.

Fiesta ST will make a great companion car.  I've got an Abarth 595 - drove it to Bristol and back over last couple of days. I must be mad!  

Track them both, I was out gunning 911's in my Abarth on track recently, you'll find it huge fun in both!  

Cheers

FJ

Footnote - I obviously can't comment on the quality of the 911 drivers but it was fun none the less!

Yep I think the ST deserves a little run on track. It's pretty much stock (stage 1, and some springs), but it handles brilliantly so I'm sure it'll be fun without getting me in trouble. I need to do some research about track days now, I know literally nothing about how to arrange one and who to call.  I'll look through the section on here and have a read. 

1 hour ago, vw tt said:

Yep I think the ST deserves a little run on track. It's pretty much stock (stage 1, and some springs), but it handles brilliantly so I'm sure it'll be fun without getting me in trouble. I need to do some research about track days now, I know literally nothing about how to arrange one and who to call.  I'll look through the section on here and have a read. 

Defintely do a couple before spending 50k! For most its like an addictive drug, but may not be for everyone. Bedford is the ideal starting track, as loads of run off and easy to get used to. Well, follow the cones half the time lol

Edited by Chrisc
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrisc said:

Defintely do a couple before spending 50k! For most its like an addictive drug, but may not be for everyone. Bedford is the ideal starting track, as loads of run off and easy to get used to. Well, follow the cones half the time lol

Hmm I think I'd be a very sad man if I smash a lovely exige up on track. Fiesta it is for a few times. 

My only experience on track has been half a dozen "experience" days in various fun cars (gallardo, R8, caterham, atom, 12C, GTR) but I'm definitely sure track days will be just my kind of thing, still I'll give the fiesta a run out asap. :)

Snetterton is also good in a fwd hot hatch, I did my first 3 or 4 there on a clio 182 quite a few years ago. There is a lot of run off, although not as much as Bedford!

On 8/9/2016 at 16:05, Gashead1105 said:

I have a fiesta ST3 for the every day and a V6 exige for the weekend. It's a great combination in my opinion...

I have the LF1 and Fiesta ST for every day-love it, reminds me of my old Mk1 Focus RS in many ways. Ordered the Mountune 230 upgrade to get a little more from it. Great combination, as you say.

11 hours ago, Stubox said:

Intrigued....why? or was it the $$$$ :)

I can't deny £££££ tipped me toward selling.  

GT4 is an epic car and also a lot of car for the money, even at current prices.  But it's not perfect, steering feel, gearing and it's perhaps a little too nicely appointed.

I'd hankered after a 911 engined Cayman for ages, ticked the box and moved on slightly underwhelmed.

Exige on the other hand will be a more enjoyable experience I believe, time will tell. 

• Like 1

Trouble is, where on from the V6! Thats my worry. If even the Porkers have gone soft on the top cars (your not the first ive heard to say that) then where on from here? Accept it and move with the turbo rubbish? Shame, and times are changing. Least Lotus seem to be going the other way. 1.8 charged to a 3.5 V6 charged :wub: rather than a 1.2 corsa engine or something stupid.

On our last Highland run we had 2xGT4's. The Riviera Blue isn't visible in this pic.

Both were lovely, but I still only had eyes for the 997GT3RS and the ExigeS3. B-)

The latter had no problem keeping the former honest on these roads.

DSC_0329_zpsx9g9um9s.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fatsterjack said:

GT4 is an epic car and also a lot of car for the money, even at current prices.  But it's not perfect, steering feel, gearing and it's perhaps a little too nicely appointed

997 GT3 should be more your taste!;)

Ever driven? Try!!

Well today's the today :) the sun is shining and I can't believe I'm this excited about just a test drive! Haha. I'll post my thoughts on the car later today......

• Like 1

Warning: you are ruined for good now. This is how it begins, then nothing else will do.

You will obsess over them for the rest of your days! Old ones and new and I guarantee, whatever you think you love and need now, will change along the way. That's part of the Lotus fun :)

• Like 1