Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone Tried Cup 2's - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone Tried Cup 2's

To follow on what I wrote here

Has anyone tried Cup 2's on the Exige. I know it would change the rolling radius on fronts (by running 215/45/17) by about 1.5% but is that 'really' going to have detrimental effect? I'm sure I read somewhere Komo-Tec were trialling Cup 2s but cant seem to find it now.

Full set for less than £700 on camskill

Edited by RedViper

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Personally i love them! But not tried them on a light car though. Im sure the ZZR are around the same money, if not slightly less. And excellent by all accounts.

i would run cup 2's, especially at only £700! 

A couple of guys over on the yelow/green forum have. 

One of the chaps who's trying them was at the last Nurburgring trackday I attended last month, and does report a small amount of rubbing with the 215/45 size on the fronts, but then his car is lowered on the Komotec Ohlins. I think his initial feedback compared to Trofeos was that the Cups don't feel quite as grippy, and he'll probably go back to Pirellis next. As an outright track tyre I don't find that surprising, there's probably a decent trade-off in durability to be had with the Cups when compared to the Trofeos.

Meanwhile I'm loving my ZZRs and they look pretty much new after Spa and Nurburgring trackdays.

• Like 1

I've been told by a mate using Cup 2s on his S2000 that you need to get -2 degrees of camber to get the split compound design to work. There's a little Michelin man symbol in the tread pattern and if he's not getting scrubbed, you don't have enough camber (or possibly if he's getting too scrubbed, I forget now!)

I think you need some aftermarket suspension on the Exige to achieve that amount of camber?

9 hours ago, RedViper said:

Thanks for feedback gents..

Would the concensus be that the Cup 2s would be better than ZZR's on the road i.e. rain?

By the looks of the pattern on the Cup 2s I doubt there would be that much in it. For reference, this is what ZZRs are like in the rain, on our R300...

Enjoy! (That moment when you remember you forgot to switch to wets the night before)

BTW, I love the ZZRs on the Caterham and would certainly consider having a dry set on the V6 when I get it

5 hours ago, Ian Lockwood said:

I've been told by a mate using Cup 2s on his S2000 that you need to get -2 degrees of camber to get the split compound design to work. There's a little Michelin man symbol in the tread pattern and if he's not getting scrubbed, you don't have enough camber (or possibly if he's getting too scrubbed, I forget now!)

I think you need some aftermarket suspension on the Exige to achieve that amount of camber?

I might be wrong but I believe the GT4 runs -1.5 all round stock and that runs Cup 2s. 

I think il just wait a bit longer and get a second set of alloys and R888r's or ZZRs. 

Martyn: that looks like a handful.. Fun though ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartynB said:

By the looks of the pattern on the Cup 2s I doubt there would be that much in it. For reference, this is what ZZRs are like in the rain, on our R300...

Enjoy! (That moment when you remember you forgot to switch to wets the night before)

BTW, I love the ZZRs on the Caterham and would certainly consider having a dry set on the V6 when I get it

That looks like incredibly crystal clear footage - What camera setup are you running?

www.alias23.com

Cheers Imran

That's a GoPro 4 Black, superclamp-mounted on the rollbar.

I now have a Cobalt Cage, which really locks the camera down. I was getting some jello from flex in the stock case.