Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Deja Vu - Radium Intake - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Deja Vu - Radium Intake

I'm expecting soon to be returning to the Lotus fold via another Evora NA. I had quite a lot of experience with a Radium intake on an NA a few years back (lots on threads here) and I'd like another. My advert is in the Classifieds but I doubt many people scan the Parts Wanted section very often, so I'm mentioning it in this post and hoping I won't immediately be thrown off for it.  My excitement is building way ahead of getting the car. It's for a sort of daily driver, though not for commuting. The obvious choice - I'm too embarrassed now to mention here the alternatives I considered before seeing the light!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, mdavies said:

The obvious choice - I'm too embarrassed now to mention here the alternatives I considered before seeing the light!

Well done for coming back to the fold, but please tell us what else you considered!

Have been looking for something like the Radium myself.

There's a company in Malaysia who are doing a similar product for the na and S. £475 for na (plus import tax)

No website but has pictures etc on facebook. j-craft automotive and tuning. 

13620842_1779395052298142_52114823183766

@spunagain might still have a radium to sell?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Thanks for the replies.

Chris, I suspect you mean alternatives to an Evora as a choice of discerning enthusiasts. In fact I'm seeing it as rather a brave choice to replace my previous daily driver. Five years with a TT proved excellent but time for a change, a S1 was too small (and licence endangering I was warned), a GT86 frustratingly under-powered unless really pushing on. "Ordinary" machinery was just that - hence............!

Matt, that's an interesting bit of pipework. Diameter down, up, down and up again from filter to connector! I'd like to know the reason for that and how it affects the AFR and flow throughput. The car is an S isn't it? There may be factors particular to a supercharger that would not suit an NA. I'll take a look at Facebook, but proceed with caution.

Lee, thank you, I sent a direct message a few days ago but it's not been read yet.

• 1 month later...

I have not yet got round to fitting the Radium CAI as I have been thinking of selling my N/A and  buying an S . I am a bit  concerned about the warning light problems any help on how to avoid this would be welcome as I still have the N/A.

I just fitted and it was fine apart from 1 CEL and limp mode shortly after fitting. I put this down to the ECU still learning the new set up and I was pushing it a bit too soon (first real run after fitting and I was using max revs in 2nd ,3rd and 4th....... on a private road.  That was the only time I had a problem - even then, i just stopped and  restarted the engine and it was fine again.  Has never done it since - 3+ years and 12k miles, and have done 1 or 2 trackdays each year without a hint of trouble - Oh and it sounds great with a 2bular and de cat  :thumbup:

Edited by Whitey