Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Useful upgrade. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Useful upgrade.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

This is why flea bay is a bit pants now as some of the listings are a pain in the bum, I generally try to look at lotus related stuff on it quite often and having to sift through all this type of tosh becomes a bit of a pain in the backside. :dizzy:  

• Like 1

A

14 hours ago, TAR said:

What a shame it won't fit an Esprit. I bet there are loads of people who could benefit. :) 

Who says you can't take an Esprit offroad? And I'm not talking about Cpt Slow in Patagonia, but a personal experience after taking a wrong turn somewhere around Brussels.

Edited: the clip is too big to attach, I'll have to find another way...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

10 hours ago, Escape said:

Who says you can't take an Esprit offroad? And I'm not talking about Cpt Slow in Patagonia, but a personal experience after taking a wrong turn somewhere around Brussels.

Edited: the clip is too big to attach, I'll have to find another way...

I agree, one winter when we had a fair bit of snow I was using the Esprit, but I needed to move the Elf (think, mini with a boot), it was much harder to control the Elf and keep it in a straight line than to do so with the Esprit.

People seem to think that sports cars etc are hard to control in bad weather, worse than a "normal" family hatchback but in reality sports cars tend to be harder to control when pushed really hard than a normal car pushed really hard, only because there's so much more power available. Use them both to within the same sort of power output and you have a sportscar with a centre of mass near the middle of the car (not stuck near the front wheels, trying to push it into severe under-steer), big tyres giving decent grip (OK not great where you need narrow tyres to cut through the snow to the road surface, but better if it's just wet or snow but with no hope of reaching the tarmac), a low centre of mass on a wide car so less likely to flip if the kerb is clipped, I'm sure there are other good things for an Esprit in bad weather.