Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit Turbo Essex Compomotive wheels 7J x 15 front Rare CX 500 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit Turbo Essex Compomotive wheels 7J x 15 front Rare CX 500

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And these as well

s-l500.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up.

:thumbup:

They are the bane of my life at the moment but I still can't get enough of them!

What?! Did the seller settle out of court? The auction had 6 days to run.

Looks that way Jonny,  Still has the centre caps and normal bbs rears for sale but the the comps went on the first day.!  Rare as hens teeth so someone probably made him a very good offer.  But you never know these could be remade by compomotive soon given the demand and not just for the esprit the euro scene love them also.:) So you never know.  

A

• 1 month later...
On 28/08/2016 at 16:48, rocket63 said:

And these as well

s-l500.jpg

Is this what the centre caps look like for the dry sump? I am missing my set so looking for some. 

Compomotive do some plastic chrome push on ones which look okay but would prefer the original look?

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Yes those are the right ones, as per the Essex cars and early dry sumps. I have so many of the newer types but none fit as well or look as good as the originals. The holes in my Comps are 70mm from memory but some of the after market Comps have smaller holes and take the black plastic centre caps. Not many people would even notice the difference either way but your wheels may only be able to take one or the other. I have been told that the smaller holes can be machined out but I wouldn't want that to go wrong! I have both types at home. Measure up your centres and let me know, or post a pic, I might have something that will fit.

• Like 1

Thanks Barry/Jonny

I will take some pics but measured the centres last night while taking measurements from my front rim.

I currently have 60mm centres, machining out if required won't be a problem as I have access to a lathe with 4 jaw chuck to accurately set them up.

Bit of good news is I have managed to buy a couple outer front rims with rolled edges so really happy! ?

Many chance one of you can take some pics of the back of your wheel centre and close up of the cap with sizes so I can start my hunt? Wish I bought those on eBay now as saw them for sale but was still hunting for a dry sump car at the time....?

I actually bought that other set of centrecaps. They are pretty rough but I liked the original badges. I now have quite a collection but none look as good as the ones Barrie supplied with the wheels which have come up nicely after a bit of autosol and elbow grease. I would see what can be achieved with the 60mm holes first before putting them on the lathe. I thought that the smaller holes could only take the black plastic caps but I think Bauke Tocus has chrome caps on his black G Turbo. With some Lotus badges they would look pretty good. I'll try and find some pics when I get the chance.

I have to ask though where ever did you find the outer front rims?

I have seen quite a few recently with the black plastic caps, they do suit the gold wheels really well but as I am doing mine black they will be changed out.

I won't machine them until I know the size of the originals as when someone kindly sells me some I want them to fit. ?

It would be a disaster to machine them to say 62.5mm then discover the originals are 60mm which would mean shrinking in sleeves. Not worried about any machine work though as very competent on a lathe.

I found the rims online with lots of searching, found them on a VW site in the end. I will take some pics when they arrive.

IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

• 2 weeks later...