Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
First Lotus - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

First Lotus

Daitona

Lovely looking Exige, nice one and welcome.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Welcome. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts comparing the two cars, especially as you have had a long relationship with your Porsche.

:) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

Welcome to TLF and Lotus ownership. I am sorry that you won't make a profit on your Lotus but it's a compliment to Hethel when a 991 GT3 owner chooses to spend his profits on an Exige.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Sport 350 is a great package. I think you will miss the GT3's high revs and power (and noise) but you should enjoy the steering, communication, stopping ability and manual gearbox.

thanks for the welcome....yes i know i will miss the revs, power and sound.....but less than have the price for the exige, pure driving and most probably as much fun.

the gt3 was a fantastic car, but i was a little afraid that the high rev engine could be a problem after 20 k km plus the crazy prices for these cars will start to drop, once the knew one will be presented.

what is the experience of you guys concerning reliability of the engine if you really drive her hard on the track? i have not read about any problems? any known problems after a certain mileage???

Toyota V6 is very robust as you would expect. I haven't heard of any issues. Mine doesn't even use oil between services!

Welcome!!! Great to see another Porsche to Lotus conversion. You wont regret it!!!

Hope to see you on track after your run in :-) The picture of your GT3 looks like it was taken at Bilster Berg, am I right?

Cheers

Norbert

1:57 is pretty good already, considering that the lap record for street legal cars is a 1:467 

You can do a similar time with the Exige as well ... my fastest lap that a have on video there - only that counts, right ;-) -  is a 1:581 ... theoretic best is a low 1:56 ... and my car still is fully stock ...

With Standard tires???  Impressed ???? i am far away of being a good driver, but the gt3 makes it relatively easy even for three Times a year Racers. Thanks for giving me a Target ???

• Like 1

Avon ZZR is also a great, really fast tyre that seems to last longer than the Trofeo. An Exige on Trofeos has to be experienced at least once though!

Despite what many think about the Exige's performance relative to the GT3, among amateur drivers on track days the gap appears to be much smaller than what you read about in magazines. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Axel. :welcome:

Hope you enjoy the Exige.

Any other questions or issues you have using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)