Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
For Sale - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

For Sale

Having obtained permission from the powers-that-be (Bibs), :) I want to post advance notice of the intended sale of my S3 Turbo.

Kato is on his hols this week so it won't appear on LEW until probably Sunday. :P It's posted on Pistonheads ( http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/136509.htm) and runs thus:

"This Esprit drives and looks like new, as it should with over

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling to make way for V8.

S4s_2.jpg

0ce2faed.jpg

20051001045229741_63505_Old.JPG

prism_socks.jpg

Graham you change Esprits like socks, lol

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Having obtained permission from the powers-that-be (Bibs), :) I want to post advance notice of the intended sale of my S3 Turbo.

Kato is on his hols this week so it won't appear on LEW until probably Sunday. :P It's posted on Pistonheads ( http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/136509.htm) and runs thus:

"This Esprit drives and looks like new, as it should with over

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Thanks Howard. I don't change socks that often, true.

I think I've a lot to learn Mike, so please be gentle with me. :)

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Guys,

I've received this e-mail today purportedly from a chap in the USA. Does anyone know of him and whether the enquiry is genuine. I don't mind releasing the vin number if its for genuine purpose

Hi,

I am in the States and just wondering what the serial number is on this one. I am trying to figure out where your car fits in the registry.

Many Thanks,

I also called Club Lotus today to get the car in the "For Sale" section at Donington. Apparently the closing date has now passed (query "what closing date") so I'll have to park in the car park with a board in the windscreen :)

Graham.

Thanks Howard. I don't change socks that often, true.

I think I've a lot to learn Mike, so please be gentle with me. :)

Graham.

Its YOU that has to learn about 'THAT' gearbox Graham , cost me

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Guys,

I've received this e-mail today purportedly from a chap in the USA. Does anyone know of him and whether the enquiry is genuine. I don't mind releasing the vin number if its for genuine purpose

Hi,

I am in the States and just wondering what the serial number is on this one. I am trying to figure out where your car fits in the registry.

Many Thanks,

I also called Club Lotus today to get the car in the "For Sale" section at Donington. Apparently the closing date has now passed (query "what closing date") so I'll have to park in the car park with a board in the windscreen :(

Graham.

i can only think the registry that is being referred to is the one on esprit fact file/ models/registry

i did consider adding mine to the list as there is a car on there that is 4 digits away, however, as cars get sold or written off, the info is not changed, so the list becomes quite useless.

if you sell the car, then someone emails you about it, it would not be right to give the person the new owners name or email would it?

i can see the point of a registry, but in practical terms , it wouldn't work

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Guest Troy Halliday

mmmmmmmmm don't you'll get me thinking, V8 mmmmm

But I am working on a little project that should keep me busy for a while, I would show you but then I'd have to send the boys round to make you forget. :(

• 2 weeks later...

SOLD............... :crybaby: :thumbup:

Mixed emotions. Always wanted an S3 Turbo and have no regrets in owning one. It was great fun.

But.............missed ABS/PAS and all those bits of kit we all now take for granted.

Now where's that V8 :thumbsup:

Graham.

Blimey, that was quick Graham! Mind you, can't say I'm altogether surprised - one peach of a car :thumbsup:

Sold to anyone we know?

James

James,

Yes the guy does use the Forum but only rarely. He has an Elan, a 7 and a V8 Esprit in his collection so doesn't really have that much time.

I'm more comfortable knowing it has gone to a good home. He's taking it Donington on the Sunday.

The guys name is Paul Lister and lives out in Retford.

Credit alas must go to LEW rather than LEF. Technically sold within 12 hours of appearing on LEW although not collected until today.

Graham.