Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Battery Conditioner - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Battery Conditioner

Frickin_idiot

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are the UK cars not delivered with.a maintainer?  New cars in the US are delivered with a Lotus rebranded Battery Tender Plus as well as a pigtail already attached to the battery.  This is listed as a no cost option on the price sheet. 

Edited by Loquacious Lew

'17 Evora 400 MT 

On 18/10/2016 at 20:35, Peegee355 said:

Have been using one of these phone chargers for some time in another car.  Looks very slick and works well.  The 'where have I parked?' feature is kinda ok (note it is not a tracker) but they have just added a new feature that monitors your car battery via your smartphone.  Screenshot shows the last few days on my Evora 400.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZUS-Charger-Military-Bluetooth-Charging/dp/B015F34P1Q

No idea whether the results are good or bad!  Just charged the car using a CTEK as well.  The 'Low' voltage might be when the car starter is being engaged?  No idea but it looks good and that's all that matters  :P

Cheaper here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HMF7M38/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

• 1 year later...

Stumbled across this thread. I used my battery conditioner over night as my 410 failed to start (I hadn’t used it for 2-3 weeks). The battery light was green so knew it was a case of simply charging it  

As the car is parked on my drive, I fed the lead from the boot to the outside power source. I had the close the boot as the car would self lock and start making the beep beep sound (until I closed the boot).

The battery conditioner wire now has a little damage (I knew closing the boot would cause a kink but couldn’t think of any other way). Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening again?

I think you can feed the wire between the 'gap' from the body to the CF louvered cover so it does not jam up when you close that fully...

Well, at least that what I have managed to do on my heavy S1 rear hatch. The wire needs to be 'bent', but not to the point of getting damaged by kinking. 

I just leave mine connected all the time to the Cteck, as they run a cycle after 10 days that keeps the battery plates clean. I’ve gotten 8 years out batteries on my classics using Ctecks.

there are specific ones for AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) batteries and some Ctecks have that function.

D61AF435-3365-4735-A1E7-BCBF1660B273.jpeg

Edited by au-yt

Use CTEK on my cars too, no issues or complaints.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..