Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SPA Oct 17/18 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SPA Oct 17/18

S1ARM

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's the one thing I wish I had, access to great and legendary racetracks like you guys. Our racetracks here are pretty modest, and they actually suit the smaller and lighter cars more because of the tight turns. Your cars look supremely awesome and I can only imagine how they were out there. The M4 will really never be close to what it is giving you now. You just can't do sports car things to non sports cars. A friend of mine owned his f10 M5 for a mere 4 months as well. Sure, it was fast as hell, but it is just a fat tub of molasses especially in these environments. 

Wish I had been able to join you Drew but unfortunately not. Would have been nice to see the great mix of cars that went over this time and they're a great bunch of people too. Looking forward to catching up with you soon and also hearing what Tanvir has to say about the KTM. See you in December at SS.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Trev it was an awsome trip but luckily there are lots more to do before the end of the year!

Having a group of 31 cars was nuts! Lucky Tanvir, my bros and I left the UK later on Sunday as we missed the police camera action moments and big fines!

That KTM is some machine and the G it pulls is unreal....a real gut rencher! 

Im at SS on the 7th Nov and 17th Dec and may also fit another day in at a lotus event one Saturday as I fancy Hethal being limited to only 30 cars if you also interested in that?

7 hours ago, Xisthos said:

That's the one thing I wish I had, access to great and legendary racetracks like you guys. Our racetracks here are pretty modest, and they actually suit the smaller and lighter cars more because of the tight turns. Your cars look supremely awesome and I can only imagine how they were out there. The M4 will really never be close to what it is giving you now. You just can't do sports car things to non sports cars. A friend of mine owned his f10 M5 for a mere 4 months as well. Sure, it was fast as hell, but it is just a fat tub of molasses especially in these environments. 

You should plan a trip to Europe there are so many tracks to do and lotus track days organise some good events I here which I've just sighed up for.

All the Herman cars are heavy things and unless it's a stripped out track focused car then it's not as fun and you see how easy the lower powered lighter old BMWs fly passed you until you hit a straight then the power comes in but that's not often enough!

Nice write up, brings back good memories. Glad to hear yours is being enjoyed to the full. Avon ZZR's are superb, just you wait... ;)

Great read - wish I could have made it, we usually do the CD autumn days but it clashed this year.

All you regretting not going - we're off on the 4th November with LoT. The weather was great last year before you make that old excuse!

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

If I had the time I would do spa again this year but it's a long trip...!

Very tempted to buy the one year track pass but I've got too much going on with business to have the time to make it worthwhile but maybe in a few years as it's a bit of an addiction!

When we left Sunday to travel down it said rain all week.......we arrived in light rain for 30 mins then the weather was perfect for 2 whole days! A few spots of rain but nothing to worry about.

Last years Spa oct trip was freezing weather complemented with, high winds, sleet, snow and torrential rain all on day one! I had a very scary moment up Au Rouge flat out taking it sideways at the top and catch it well before he barriers!

The second way freezing but clear and sunny all day which led me to staying our way too long as killing my breaks but it was well worth it!

Track days and trips should be about great memories which for me they always have even when I've broken down I've made the most of the event!

Im going to do Hethal day on the Saturday in November as it only seems right having joined the Lotus Club I should partake in a track day where the car was born!

Now booked to SS today on the 7th Nov and 17th Dec so I hope the weather is dry!

3 hours ago, S1ARM said:

Trev it was an awsome trip but luckily there are lots more to do before the end of the year!

Having a group of 31 cars was nuts! Lucky Tanvir, my bros and I left the UK later on Sunday as we missed the police camera action moments and big fines!

That KTM is some machine and the G it pulls is unreal....a real gut rencher! 

Im at SS on the 7th Nov and 17th Dec and may also fit another day in at a lotus event one Saturday as I fancy Hethal being limited to only 30 cars if you also interested in that?

You should plan a trip to Europe there are so many tracks to do and lotus track days organise some good events I here which I've just sighed up for.

All the Herman cars are heavy things and unless it's a stripped out track focused car then it's not as fun and you see how easy the lower powered lighter old BMWs fly passed you until you hit a straight then the power comes in but that's not often enough!

Yup that's exactly what my friends did. I couldn't make it due to business commitments. They started off at the Ring' for a few days then did a bit of sightseeing before driving down to Spa. One of them who owns a boatload of supercars here (at our prices too, don't forget), is also a Lotus enthusiast and a S2 Exige owner. He rented an Exige V6 and did about 30 laps in one day. He messaged me from there at how surprised he was at how different it was from his car, thoroughly enjoyed his experience.

I was there on the Tuesday in an AMG GTS, we drove down from Oxfordshire and back in a day - not sure I'll do that again.

I'm fairly sure we were on the same ferry after the shuttle was cancelled?

1 minute ago, Alex L said:

I was there on the Tuesday in an AMG GTS, we drove down from Oxfordshire and back in a day - not sure I'll do that again.

I'm fairly sure we were on the same ferry after the shuttle was cancelled?

Yes you are correct I was in the 8.20 ferry and saw you parked up a few rows on board behind me!

I didn't see you on track!

We were so lucky with the weather and I should of stayed until close to get 3 more hours in!

Great trip and lucky to get on the ferry so easily and avoid the backlog at the tunnel as friends who left even earlier were stuck there and delayed for 6-8 hours!

We only spent an hour on track as the car was way too heavy and cooked the brakes. Thankfully it was a nice GT car to cross Europe and back in a day.

Was your car from Silverstone as Aimee said another of her clients was there?

4 minutes ago, Alex L said:

We only spent an hour on track as the car was way too heavy and cooked the brakes. Thankfully it was a nice GT car to cross Europe and back in a day.

Was your car from Silverstone as Aimee said another of her clients was there?

Yes that was me! I picked it up farm lotus SS and had only 3 weeks to rack up the miles fot it's run in service pre spa!

Like your GTS my M4 killed the breaks as they are so heavy and all my friends on the trip all had break issues!

The Exige was so easy to drive over from the UK I never felt tired and drained by the engine noise and when on track could of kept going all day long not once did it give me the slip that it wanted to have time out!

My best stint was 38 mins if driving, I then cooled it down came in and within half and hour it was ready to go....something you just can do in the heavier cars unless you had one of the £300+K LTs in my group!

You should go next time in the Exige as it never ceased to amaze how much fun it was.

Are you going to any UK lotus track days with your Exige?

I did Silverstone GP back in August which killed the tyres off and I've just had them replaced. I live 10 mins from Silverstone so monitor the weather and may book last minute for another event before the end of the year.

38 mins is impressive, I was doing a tank of fuel every 30 mins at Silverstone and my tyres were overheating so that was my max.

I had to come in as it was on empty only realised when it cut all lower coung through Blanchemont!

I kept it going with a slow lap every 5 but was surprised how good the stock corsas were...not to forget the temperatures were very favourable in the late teens early twenties.

Mind you I did SS in Aug in my old M4 and the Cup2s went off after 3 laps! It was 30 plus degrees that Tuesday and was killing everyone's cars!

Im at SS 7th Nov and most likely the 17th Dec with SS direct