Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
No more motorsport or proper cup cars? - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

No more motorsport or proper cup cars?

550superfast

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I expect what might suffer is "the details" - as far as I understood it the Motorsport cars were built properly by a dedicated team. Slinging them down the production line is going to mean they're built to the same standards as the rest of the Lotus line-up. Which, judging by my Evora, is not great.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

I believe a number of members here had cars maintained by Motorsport - the GTE owners in particular I am sure are disappointed to see this happen

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Very good points as always Jonny. Driving an S1 Evora and the 400 back to back is very interesting. Lotus need to be extremely careful I think to not fall into the trap of just "make it all stiffer and faster on track" - a large part of the joy of Lotus cars is their compliance on road. It seems to be one of the few areas they can genuinely compete with their German rivals, and consistently give them a good drubbing. My 400 is still a minor miracle though - it's reasonably firm through town (although not punishing), but when pressing on it transforms and becomes just magical. Something my Elise never does, although that may be the suspension setup it has.

James Martin (JayEmm)

That was another thing that what was great about the Cup cars, they allowed the road cars to be more road focused, to great effect.

Hopefully the E410 Sport will prevent the E400 from becoming any more track focused. It's very nicely judged as it is.

• 2 months later...

Well I just realized today that the Evora GT4 was not displayed on the corporate website anymore.

So will it be an Evora 410 Race or 450 Race this year?

Does anyone have any idea of how many 3-Eleven Race and Road (sport) they have sold so far? 

Private entries in the Hankook 24h series are running Evora and Elise - one is on track just now (13/1/17 to 14/1/17) Dubai 24 hour race. Pretty sure later in the series a further Evora is going to be run by another team.  

Watch live now at www.24hseries.com 

IMG_4407.PNG

• Like 1