Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900? - Page 11 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900?

Komotec 460 or SSC TVS1900 Ugrade?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@550superfast Come to Paul Ricard, Mugello, or Imola in summer when it's 37 ° C outside, and you'll see for yourself. I don't know about the heat soak problem on the EX 460 or the TVS 1900, but as regards the standard V6, it's clear. And my guess is that charge cooled is better than non charged cool. Especially in those temperatures. Probably on the UK, Belgium, German tracks it's less of a problem, but it's not the closes for me....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Guys,

Stu from Simply Sports Cars here. I've been following a few threads on this forum but this one has slipped past me for some reason but I'll be on top of it from now onwards. Apologies for the delayed replies to some of your emails. We have had 4 Events in the last 4 weeks which have stretched the resources to say the least but we are back to full steam ahead here in Sydney with no more major interruptions for the rest of the year. If there are any questions I have missed or emails that I havent replied to plese shoot them to me again now > stu@simplysportscars.com.

To bring you up to speed on the charge cooled TVS1900, we are finalising fitment of our development kit at the moment and should hopefully have the list of items that make up the kit so that we can finalise pricing in the next couple of weeks. I'll share results etc once we have them with and without our new header system.

I have a bit to catch up on but I'll put together a post with my input on some of the questions and claims in this thread in the next few days.

Stu

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simply Sports Cars said:

Hi Guys,

Stu from Simply Sports Cars here. I've been following a few threads on this forum but this one has slipped past me for some reason but I'll be on top of it from now onwards. Apologies for the delayed replies to some of your emails. We have had 4 Events in the last 4 weeks which have stretched the resources to say the least but we are back to full steam ahead here in Sydney with no more major interruptions for the rest of the year. If there are any questions I have missed or emails that I havent replied to plese shoot them to me again now > stu@simplysportscars.com.

To bring you up to speed on the charge cooled TVS1900, we are finalising fitment of our development kit at the moment and should hopefully have the list of items that make up the kit so that we can finalise pricing in the next couple of weeks. I'll share results etc once we have them with and without our new header system.

I have a bit to catch up on but I'll put together a post with my input on some of the questions and claims in this thread in the next few days.

Stu

I'm looking forward it sounds great

@ Stu ... hi there, we're eagerly waiting for your finalized cooled TVS 1900 on this side of the world....I know it's summer time soon down under but still don't forget about us. We all have our winner time to think about what changes we want to make..... The trip to Sidney is a little to long to have a chat, so we will stay put here for the time being awaiting for your news.... there could be a huge fans crowd awaiting you

So @550superfast and @GFWilliams did you guys play together on track at Silverstone and can feedback differences on the straights between your cars ?  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

No - the day was very very busy, in fact probably the busiest track day I have ever been on. The EX460 should be quicker as it is making more power, but my car will be a little lighter and has plenty or torque.

1 hour ago, 550superfast said:

No - the day was very very busy, in fact probably the busiest track day I have ever been on. The EX460 should be quicker as it is making more power, but my car will be a little lighter and has plenty or torque.

A Cup is significantly lighter than my car, amazing how much difference this makes. Martin (@mcx) was doing very well when he was following me and he was in a standard Cup!  Without the power upgrades I wouldn't have seen which way he went...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NW76 said:

@GFWilliams sounds like you will have to shed some weight ... battery is a good starting point ;) 

I'm a bit undecided what to do with my car at the moment...  Tempted to put standard suspension back on and use it just for the road for a bit.   Getting too expensive for me to track it... 

@GFWilliams you are drifting too much ? ? ...  

Seriously ... you have been hit with a lot of maintenance items in one year (clutch, gearbox etc) ... this will averrage out over time. I have been tracking mine since I have it and I found it to be quite reasonable at least if you compare it to the likes of Porsche, BMW Ms etc ... all in I am at less than 1k EUR a track day (incl track use fees, insurance etc)... 

3 minutes ago, NW76 said:

@GFWilliams you are drifting too much ? ? ...  

Seriously ... you have been hit with a lot of maintenance items in one year (clutch, gearbox etc) ... this will averrage out over time. I have been tracking mine since I have it and I found it to be quite reasonable at least if you compare it to the likes of Porsche, BMW Ms etc ... all in I am at less than 1k EUR a track day (incl track use fees, insurance etc)... 

I do that in tyres alone :lol:

?... you know what ... you should get a couple of sponsors then ... Pirelli or Michelin might be very happy to foot that bill looking at you social media presence ?

Maybe you can ask them for a couple of Trofeos for me too ... 2 sets a year will do for me ?

51 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

A Cup is significantly lighter than my car, amazing how much difference this makes. Martin (@mcx) was doing very well when he was following me and he was in a standard Cup!  Without the power upgrades I wouldn't have seen which way he went...

Haha, you definitely had a reasonable power advantage on the straights,  I suspect not taking the corners at a constant jaunty angle might help too :)    (with running costs too) Does look great fun though. Did you get the lsd fitted?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I'm a bit undecided what to do with my car at the moment...  Tempted to put standard suspension back on and use it just for the road for a bit.   Getting too expensive for me to track it... 

I've been lucky so far with my exige, one set of ZZR since I bought it in March, 9 trackdays, still have a reasonable amount of tread,   one set of brake pads. I decided that the RS I had was too expensive for track when after 6 trackdays, a set of pads was £1300 + fitting, and the rear carbon discs were 45% worn, and £10k/axle.  I don't think there are many cars as quick as yours that you could run on track for much less, maybe you've been unlucky :( 

• Like 1

@mcx Yes I remember my GT3 running costs... it would cost me around CHF 20-30k per year for about 8-10 tracks... and most people with PCCB put standard discs for the track, far less expensive, but still a few thousands. And you can count on having them changed 2 if not 3 times a year.... + pads, + oil changes, + tires, ++++++++

There's a difinitive advantage for Lotus in running cost....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcx said:

I've been lucky so far with my exige, one set of ZZR since I bought it in March, 9 trackdays, still have a reasonable amount of tread,   one set of brake pads. I decided that the RS I had was too expensive for track when after 6 trackdays, a set of pads was £1300 + fitting, and the rear carbon discs were 45% worn, and £10k/axle.  I don't think there are many cars as quick as yours that you could run on track for much less, maybe you've been unlucky :( 

9 trackday on a set of ZZR tyres

How many laps each day do you complete ?

3 days and my ZZR tyres are toast!!! About the same on Trofeos as well. I normally complete 150-180 miles each day

Just now, Seriouslylotus said:

9 trackday on a set of ZZR tyres

How many laps each day do you complete ?

3 days and my ZZR tyres are toast!!! About the same on Trofeos as well. I normally complete 150-180 miles each day

Tbf 3 of those wet and one brands indy which gets a bit dull after a few laps :) .  Have done a few private track days with plenty of laps, maybe i'm just easy on the tyres ..

On 20/11/2017 at 03:46, Simply Sports Cars said:

have a bit to catch up on but I'll put together a post with my input on some of the questions and claims in this thread in the next few days

@Simply Sports Cars Any updates?

thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How long does it take Komotech to do a 460 upgrade in Germany? I know its two weeks in the UK as the supercharger is sent for a new pulley? Anyone give me a time frame?

cheers

Mark