Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry sump or baffled oil pan? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry sump or baffled oil pan?

abrussich

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents, thank you for the replies and to respond back,

I'm not sure if what is shown on the link is applicable since it is all in German. It appears to be along the right line but I have no idea if they have bits for my application. I was looking for something a bit more Lotus specific.

As for any exisiting baffle in the sump, there may be one but if so it is not designed to handle high G oil scavenging within the sump as would occur in a race condition.

I will email Marcus at PUK and see what he may have.

Any Esprit 4 banger racers out there? X-180R owners?

Hey Al,

Have you looked at an Accusump oil scavvenging system to pump in a few qts of oil during starvation. It holds the oil in a reservoir until the pressure drops and then releases it into the system to prevent any damage. Lew is putting one in his X180-R.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

A group buy would be a good idea !

"pump in a few qrts" does that not overfill the oilpan and lead to oilfoam creation ?

One question arises though, at what G-factor does the pump loose sucction ( does the oil slip.) ?

Would it not be easier to create some sort of trap inside the sump ? :D

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Not sure about this so it is worth checking out, but I thought the sump is the other way round on the Sunbeam to the Esprit ?????????

A baffled oil pan was one of the things I originally asked about. Elise owners are buying those for this very reason.

What does Sunbeam have to do with the Esprit?

I've had a couple of people mention the installation of the Accu-sump system. Sounds like a band aide type of fix, but it may be the only way to go if an actual dry sump installation or modified oil pan is not available.

I have inquired to the reference provided earlier but have not yet heard a reply.

Al

Hey Al,

Have you looked at an Accusump oil scavvenging system to pump in a few qts of oil during starvation. It holds the oil in a reservoir until the pressure drops and then releases it into the system to prevent any damage. Lew is putting one in his X180-R.

Do you have any contact info for Lew or are you refering to Kato and the Lotus Esprit World site?

Do you have any contact info for Lew or are you refering to Kato and the Lotus Esprit World site?

Lew Gaskell, owner of an X180-R here in Colorado.

Email me I'll send info

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 1 month later...

Found this at Ramspott&Brandt :

They have pnp's for the V8 and 4-banger engines.

If you are interested send them an email for pricing :

info@ramspott-brandt.de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg