Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige Sport 380 - Page 8 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige Sport 380

TLF News

Like the number plate! ;)

LOVE the wing and the roof scoop!

Could you go a couple shades darker and do me an Motorsport Green one with the red accents?

Ta very much. :thumbup:

@The Pits

It just looks a lot more like an Exige to me. I'd accept the roof scoop if I could put a vent underneath it that allowed air straight into the cabin and as a result allowed me to live without air con. The wing is obviously a straight no brainer. 

Anyway, here you go, the green is a bit off but taking it any further made it go too dark and too green without major colour correction. Plus it blends in with the background too much but there's nothing we can do about that. Close enough for an idea. Needs the red towing eye too really. 

Sport 380 MSG.jpg

• Like 1

:wub:

Yes that shade is a bit closer to the new 'Metallic Green'. Gawd bless ya for the attempt at the external cut off and extinguisher switches!

Red trim looks mega against the green to my eyes and as for the roof scoop for a cold air vent as a low cost, low weight option for those not going for aircon, that is pure genius. Lotus should hire you on the spot - Chapman's heir has been found at last! It would be a great reward for those man enough to go without aircon to get the return of the roof scoop. All it would take is a new roof panel. Inspired!

:clap:

By way of returning the favour, here's a rough stab at Mica Yellow. It's actually quite a bit more orangey than Norfolk Mustard and that may I say is another moment of sheer inspiration from Phil. A Sport 300 homage. If they wanted to make the link back to that icon they should have launched it in Mica Yellow and as Phil suggested, green and black badges. Phil it would be utter poetry, I'm not sure it's even worth considering any other colour! Genius!

:clap:

micayellowS380_zps3aor9bah.jpg

• Like 1

Make sure it's Mica Yellow Phil and there's an option for silver forged wheels too.

I'd take that CupR rear wing over the roof scoop given the choice. Absolutely completes the car.

• Like 1

I like it - it's a lovely car.  I reckon it'll be an absolute weapon.  Not sure that titanium exhaust is worth £5k especially if it means getting booted off track days?

Powerwise, for sure ... but the list of other improvements is long !  BTW, is there any info regarding an upgradede IPS gearbox for the 380, just like the Evora 400 ? I know it's not everyone interest :blush:, but it would be a good thing !

1 hour ago, mbes2 said:

Isn't just worth adding the Komo-Tec Exige V6 Phase 1 - EX390 pack ? ... 

I'm hoping Komotec/H111 can offer a pulley & remap EX380 before too long. The only thing that seems to be different engine wise is different back box but presumably manifolds same. Given a lot of people already running different back boxes I can only assume that would be prerequisite to a pulley/map upgrade. 

I already emailed lotus asking if they were going to offer an update kit and they don't currently plan to but presumably the more people that email the more likely it will happen. 

Edited by RedViper

Lotus offering performance upgrade kits to existing owners lol

Sadly I don't think they think like that anymore I'm afraid :(

I'm led to believe the pulley is pressed on so unsure how easy it would be to replace... 

Im more interested to learn what they've done with the oil cooler for the gearbox and how much downforce that rear wing is expected to generate (as this will confirm how much that rear engine cover can handle with no internal boot supports!).

Anyone got any info on those two points?

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Out of interest why do so many people in here have such a downer on it?  Seems to be a pretty nice car to me?

J-P - I think its because many of us expected more from the "next Exige" ... a Exige 400 or a Exige Cup 400 ... high expectations amongst the enthusiasts here... 

But I agree, its a pretty nice car ... if I were you I would trade in the Cayman R and go for it... you won't regret it ;-)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, alias23 said:

I'm led to believe the pulley is pressed on so unsure how easy it would be to replace... 

Im more interested to learn what they've done with the oil cooler for the gearbox and how much downforce that rear wing is expected to generate (as this will confirm how much that rear engine cover can handle with no internal boot supports!).

Komotec change the pulleys on their kits and it's a generic charger so can't see it being too hard to swap pulley. 

Also my boot and two rubber lander things one on each side. Does yours not?

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Lotus offering performance upgrade kits to existing owners lol

Sadly I don't think they think like that anymore I'm afraid :(

Anyone got any info on those two points?

Oil cooler I suspect will be like the one fitted to the road version of the 311. Motor industry version of a laminova. On the 311 it sits in the engine bay on top of the o/s chassis rail (just in front of the rear wheel). It uses the main cooling system.

Re the pulley, I was told by a reliable source in Norfolk that the pulleys are pressed on. This is not an issue if you have the correct tools and know how to use them. I suspect removing the supercharger nose will make things a lot easier.

Somewhere in the press blurb didn't it say the aero now generate 160kg of downforce???

45 minutes ago, nerobi said:

Any ideas what else can be done to Exige without going notably heavier?

I think Lotus could have looked at generating more downforce and possibly explored using an LSD if they wanted to see more performance over a lap. If you mean getting more power out of the Toyota V6 then there would loads they could do if they had a bigger budget to spend. For one thing they could look at fitting a more powerful and lighter V6 by ditching the supercharger. Cosworth do a version of the V6 which produces 400bhp without a supercharger. A stunning engine for an Exige but the cost is high as it's a genuine race engine. This would be the dream solution for me!

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/index.php?a=ap&addon=storefront&page=home&store=710&listing=33870

They actually do a range, I believe the GLA is a 3.8litre, and the GLC is a 4 litre V6, revving to 7750rpm and making 470bhp with air restrictors! It would cost an absolute fortune but what an engine!

http://www.cosworth.com/products/racing-engines/gl-series/

Only problem is, where to put the airbox?!

To French Frie, we know now that Lotus wouldn't add cost to the car unless they thought it was necessary. My question would be why the tuners do not?

6 minutes ago, French Frie said:

Regarding the EX390 Vs Sport 380 upgrade, it is strange that no "tuner" offers the fuel pump upgrade, even until 430 and 460 versions (or TVS1900), whereas Lotus assumes it is needed for 380 bhp...

I doubt lotus just assume it needs a new pump!!

Lotus have to make sure the car performs for many many thousands of miles in many different countries, all using differing fuels of varying quality. They also have to make sure the car performs in the minus temps of Nordic countries as well as places like Australia and the middle east.

Just because tuners don't bother doesn't mean it unnecessary

42 minutes ago, NW76 said:

J-P - I think its because many of us expected more from the "next Exige" ... a Exige 400 or a Exige Cup 400 ... high expectations amongst the enthusiasts here... 

But I agree, its a pretty nice car ... if I were you I would trade in the Cayman R and go for it... you won't regret it ;-)

Ah - I understand that!  I thought the sport 350 would have 400bhp.  Anyway, 380 isn't to be sniffed at.  It's lighter, got some nice bits on it.  Looks pretty cool to me.  Might even trade the Cayman R in for it ?  I reckon it would be far better on track than mine

• Like 1