Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ex Exige owner......Hoping to be a 2 eleven owner - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ex Exige owner......Hoping to be a 2 eleven owner

KieranR

Hi all,

Doing My obligatory Intro Post.

So after just short of 3 years I sold my S2 exige s at the end of October. I have no idea why as it was everything I wanted but just had that urge for a change.

IMG_20160802_173913_1.jpg

Once it sold , it left me with a feeling of what do I replace it with? I really wanted another lotus, my dads had an elan s4 DHC since I was born so I've grown up with lotus and the networks of owners are great.

SOOOOOO Yesterday....... I phoned Hoffmans I have secured the 211 they currently have.  Having been on the factory open day circa 2008, I saw one for the first time in the launch edition colours and  I knew one day I would if possible own one. That time I hope is now.

Its early days at present as i'm trying to get some information on the build number , but from what I've found the last owner did a few sprint days in the car and has had a small scratch repainted on the osf wing hence the arch decals have been cut back to the armourfend line behind the headlights.

I was also concerned at the lack of 2 eleven side decals but having read the brochure these were a no cost option??

Kieran

Edited by KieranR
Photo added
  • Like 1

Welcome to TLF.

Your S2 looks stunning but the 211 is very special. One of the best cars ever to leave the gates at Hethel.

Bonkers on the road and sublime on the track. Enjoy!

:thumbup:

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Kieran. :welcome:

Congrats on the new car. Looking forward to the pictures.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Side stickers were an option iirc, certainly not all cars had the full set stuck on, some had non at all. 

Not sure if you can get the stickers from lotus anymore. If you want to replace them but run into trouble sourcing them, pm me. I know the company who did the original vinyls for them, you maybe able to get some made up to original spec.

Welcome to 2-11 ownership!!

Edited by TheKevlarKid

I'm sure the previous owner of this car is a member on TLF or the playground and tried to sell the car privately a few months ago. I think he explained why there were no side decals......certainly nothing to worry about. 

I contacted the signbox a couple of years ago about the 2-11 graphics and at the time they still had all the patterns saved on file and were more than happy to help. 

Enjoy your car! 

Edited by AdamK
Typo

Lolz, sorry, it's the TLF software that does that. An old retribution for them registering thelotusforum.com and trying to steal our traffic a couple of years back. It's quite appropriate though I think and funny at times! :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.