Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Advice guys if you can.... - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Advice guys if you can....

KieranR

Hi all,

So as some of you have seen I've posted a thread in the introductions about selling my exige and placing a deposit on a 211.

I've been to view the car today and I'm looking for advice on basically if I'm expecting too much. 

My s2 was pretty much immaculate which I sold for high 20s,  now I'm looking at a 36/7 k 2eleven should I still be expecting the same.

The car has quite bad crazing on the archs from impact damage ( 5/6 5 size spots)  as there no dynamat on the underside and some ripples under the armourfend ,  including a very bad smart repair on the osf wheel arch and cut back decals to the armourfend meaning a hard edge of paint if I took the armourfend off. 

So the outlook is a new decal kit and repaint. I have spoken to Jay about decals who said no problem but he would sooner put a new kit together due to the yellow fading potentially,  causing a miss match front to rear which I understand.....

Looking at the above were talking around 2 k for decal kit and paint,  plus the cost of the car.... Am I being stupid. 

Would like some advice as I'm in catch 22 at the moment what to do next.

I know how much the car sold for 14 months ago with 1 less owner, no damaged paint, a full decal kit and 1200 miles less. 

So are these cars apriciating and the dealers cashing in on that due to theow volume or am I right to quibble this.. 

• Gold FFM

It's supply and demand chap. It really isn't as if there's a flood of them hanging about.

if the car isn't for you - try a low ball offer and walk away if no good. There will be others - but you may well have to pay more. That's the gamble.....

good luck

Only here once

Go with you gut. If it niggles you now , you will only find more problems when you own it, and look at it more. 

I dont know the market place for these that well. Being track focused you can forgive it for having some hard driving, however in my opinion it should still be prepped to sell if at a main dealer.

You shouldn't have to talk yourself into a car. You should walk away thinking that you can't live without it . 

Just by the fact that you thought to post up for advice means you are not sure in yourself that the car fits the bill. It sounds like it's got some issues that bother you, otherwise you would have just bought it.

Low offer may be the way to go.

:) 

It's getting there......

Two years ago I sold my 2-11 for £28k, they have certainly appreciated!! I wouldn't pay £36k for one though, particularly if it's less than immaculate.

On the plus side, all the panels are easily removed so a respray is a fairly straight forward process, but is going to cost another £3k so you're now at V6 Exige money.

• Gold FFM

You could always tell the dealer to fix the issues properly and you will take it for the money they are asking. The worst they can say is no. 

Then the worst you can say is no.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

This is over in your 211 Wanted topic. Did you see this?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)