Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 20 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 19/12/2016 at 05:59, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Hey Guys

I want to get a Dry Sump register started with Dan and don't want it to be a hidden database but understand some details like full chassis numbers may be a little sensitive so happy to give anyone who contributes full access if they provide email addresses and keep a more visible one public if that suits best?

What do you think? It is only ever going to be as good as the information built through fellow members and lots of research. Andy Graham will help usually like he did with the early M100 one once we have most of it together to fill the gaps.

I have quite a lot of cars details already so won't take long to get something together.

Dave :) 

Any chance of an updated version Dave? 😄 

I know you are busy so us know if we can assist at all.
Lex

Does anyone have a diagram of how the oil pump fits on a dry sump? I have the workshop manual but cannot find a schematic of the block with the pump. Anything would be a great help. Thanks. J

AD9A061A-A6AE-461E-A6F5-997EC7E2DC26.jpeg

4 hours ago, dr_jayhart said:

Morning everyone. Great news. The lotus centre are producing a set of shims to pack the dry sump oil pump out so that the distance can be adjusted to fit the available oil pump belt! You then return the ones you do not need! I’ve placed an order. Should be available next week!

Maybe start a new thread for this - good news though.

9 hours ago, Lex Templar said:

Any chance of an updated version Dave? 😄 

I know you are busy so us know if we can assist at all.
Lex

Lex/All

I have updated as people have given me info but TBH since I did the heavy research with the key forum people not many more cars have been added.

Anyone who wants a copy just PM me as too big to paste now.

Any updates please send them on.

I am happy for someone else who owns a dry sump to take over the register also if preferred.

We had more info than Andy Graham who has the latest copy and made a few changes although these have since been disputed by people so not sure the Lotus records are 100% with the very first dry sumps but bang on from 1981 onwards.

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

On 19/01/2020 at 07:04, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Lex/All

I have updated as people have given me info but TBH since I did the heavy research with the key forum people not many more cars have been added.

Anyone who wants a copy just PM me as too big to paste now.

Any updates please send them on.

I am happy for someone else who owns a dry sump to take over the register also if preferred.

We had more info than Andy Graham who has the latest copy and made a few changes although these have since been disputed by people so not sure the Lotus records are 100% with the very first dry sumps but bang on from 1981 onwards.

Hi Dave,

I would put my hand up to be the custodian until the time comes you want to take it back. I understand the effort that was put in early on to get it to where it is. 

have you updated it since you last sent it to me?

• Thanks 1

Lex

I would be more than happy for you to take it forward mate as it was meant to be shared with the dry sump owners.

I will mail you the latest copy so you can check against the last I sent.

• Thanks 1

Lex

Latest copy now sent, please make it your own and make sure you share it with anyone who asks.

Keep up the good work and hopefully fill some more gaps.

Thanks everyone for helping to build it up and enjoy going forward, fantastic cars and last of the real chapman era.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

I love how my car is still highlighted on the Dry Sump register, it being the first official Wet Sump......makes it feel very special amongst all these other special Dry Sumps!😉

It is special indeed! Is it still not taxed since 93 or is this wrong?

Hi Lex, 

Great that you are able take this on. Minor point but my understanding is that ‘Tobacco’ is lighter than ‘brown’ and hence they should be kept separate? I think this is probably important to the Tobacco interior owners, (I am one of these!😀). Thanks!
Graham

19 minutes ago, GJones said:

Hi Lex, 

Great that you are able take this on. Minor point but my understanding is that ‘Tobacco’ is lighter than ‘brown’ and hence they should be kept separate? I think this is probably important to the Tobacco interior owners, (I am one of these!😀). Thanks!
Graham

So how dark is “brown” then as Tobacco is pretty damn dark - pictured below......I do love it incidentally!!👌

475F4177-87F9-4888-BF1E-9A802648D0B5.jpeg

Hi

My Tobacco pictured below. As I have previously owned a brown interior car at the same time I can confirm they are quite different. If I can find a picture of the brown interior I will post that to try and help.

7139D38B-3DFF-43FB-AC9D-308522E878A2.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJones said:

Hi

My Tobacco pictured below. As I have previously owned a brown interior car at the same time I can confirm they are quite different. If I can find a picture of the brown interior I will post that to try and help.

7139D38B-3DFF-43FB-AC9D-308522E878A2.jpeg

Lotus refer to it as Brown like on our certificates of provenance. Not sure if tobacco was ever an official wording. What does your certificate say?

Hi Lex - I own Essex 007 now and happy for you to amend accordingly + the registration plate should read GBO 7W and it's very much back on the road!

IMG_3482.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 31/03/2017 at 07:34, Sweatow said:

Tocus

I was referring to the FYEO spec car dry dump many had the tobacco interior and not the wet sumps so the information is true, however I do stand corrected on the build qty of the Essex Cars thought over 70 were built with a plan of being 100. see below a section from Lotus archive

For the 1980 model year there was 16 other standard Turbo Esprit built before your car, 7 of

them were Monaco White, but only 1 of these had full red leather and was the same specification

as your car (most of the 1980 cars in white had brown leather).

I hope you find this information of interest and you enjoy your Esprit ownership.

Regards,

Andy Graham

Lotus Archives

@GJones Andy has only ever referred to brown leather (no tobacco ever mentioned) 

he confirmed your car was one of the 6 made in 1980-81 In brown leather as brown leather was discontinued for 82. 

4 Of these cars had all Essex features (#928, #953, #954, #987) then there is your car #1035 with standard radio and we now know 1136 is the half Brown leather car with standard radio.

all with compomotive wheels.

maybe Lucas Reynolds has some input?

47 minutes ago, GJones said:

Interesting. Trevsked (who previously owned both the cars I reference ) May also be able to help.

When trying to get a member to come on to the topic best to write as @Trevsked 👍