Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 24 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

13 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Brilliant thanks Lex, I try to update it as I read the posts but like when I was running it you get quite a few PM’s.

I have started the Launch Edition Evora register and the same applies with the detailed updates coming by message.

Dave :) 👍🏻

Sounds Fun!

I sent you a new copy on email Dave. 

There are a couple of new Dry sumps that have appeared in the engines section of the Giugiaro forum and have sent both users a message.

Are you still looking for another dry sump Dave?

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks mate, looks good and in the right hands clearly.

I am still pursuing my old S1 at the moment as my first Lotus, I would like another dry sump one day but for grin factor the Evora is currently ticking all the boxes.

I really want an Essex still as the one which always got away 😂

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

On 21/03/2020 at 03:48, Lex Templar said:

I think the seats look right

@sunste

here is the thread

Here we go 😉

11138. 1981/?   Black. Black. Tan. No roof stereo, BBS, AC, RHD, In Sweden. Not on the road sense 1991. Under renovation, full lether.

Edited by sunste
More info
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Any photos Stefan? 

Found some in the phone 😉

But I can’t post them?! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by sunste

Hi Stefan

Your car looks great and unless trimmed that interior is superb, I take it the car was stored away for 29 years not left to the elements?

A0CA7126-FE66-4C5D-8DCE-FF943406A185.thumb.jpeg.18bf660c6de49750e38c72baad82c52d.jpeg65E0EA46-EDF3-41C8-B3A4-B2FE2A19BF0B.thumb.jpeg.66c302e27eac1278c4e823b44a0bab33.jpeg9B5D1FB8-7FFA-4CA5-AB39-675707B16AE8.thumb.jpeg.8b6b2033c2430871ca61daac7565bb16.jpeg97D357DF-4EA1-490F-BAE8-B6708E6C3EE0.thumb.jpeg.6954f20b29ce565d20e2b087a811d7ae.jpeg

Look forward to seeing the end result once completed.

• Thanks 1

Funny I remember throwing these and Kenwood ones in the bin when CD players came out as no one wanted them Stephen., they were really well made with metal pull out handles before just fronts came off.

30B7808F-0E39-4C4B-AE15-44C829DF9679.jpeg.2c0fb89f771fdcff9c0def33446104e3.jpeg

We should start a thread on posting your old stereo pics! 

Remember all the old ghetto blasters from same period....good old days!

• Like 1

Blaupunked have released a new stereo that looks identical to one they produced early 80’s but where it looks like you put a cassette it opens for you to put media in. 

2A33EF2F-B859-410D-AF29-50BB00A60439.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Loving the Pioneer? stereo - top of the range from back in the day!😎

It’s from my first car, Golf gti 16v -87

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Loving the Pioneer? stereo - top of the range from back in the day!😎

It’s from my first car, Golf gti 16v -87

• Like 1

I may be mistaken but I think Alireza´s Turbo was LHD although otherwise same spec as the turbo in the advert.

The centre of the compos on his Esprit was Essex-style silver not gold but that could´ve been modified later on of course.

Here:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/24769-sharing-my-sadness/?tab=comments#comment-242628

he stated he sold it over ten years ago (?) .

8 minutes ago, frb said:

I may be mistaken but I think Alireza´s Turbo was LHD although otherwise same spec as the turbo in the advert.

The centre of the compos on his Esprit was Essex-style silver not gold but that could´ve been modified later on of course.

Here:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/24769-sharing-my-sadness/?tab=comments#comment-242628

he stated he sold it over ten years ago (?) .

Yes he has sold it a long time ago. The car is a factory RHD and was converted to LHD. 

Lex

8 minutes ago, Lex Templar said:

Yes he has sold it a long time ago. The car is a factory RHD and was converted to LHD. 

Lex

Ah, ok, I see.

Sorry, didn´t know that.

Whoever had done the conversion has done a good job, you wouldn´t notice it

(well, at least from the very few pics I have seen of this car) .

Georg

8 hours ago, dr_jayhart said:

Car sos Tim’s turbo appears to have single support Louvre. Is it a dry sump on the register? 

the wheels are 5 stud wheels, so its a later Esprit Turbo, maby with a early Louvre on it...

It is certainly early enough Lex, I guessed this one was either exported or moved onto a personal plate which is so popular, most of my Esprit’s when you could obtain old log books had several plate changes.

Does look smart though in Red with the black comps doesn’t it?

• Like 1