Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 25 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 04/04/2020 at 17:16, Lex Templar said:

Chassis #953 - build date December 1980.

Factory Monaco White with full brown leather, factory 3-Piece Compomotive wheels + factory Panasonic roof stereo.

ecJJCd.jpg

Hi @brian_gt4 I was hoping you could shed some light on the 2 other production Monaco white with brown leather interior cars of 1980. Chassis #928 + 954, sister cars to #953 above. The DVLA states that these two have not been on the road since the early 80’s. I was hoping you may remember what happened to them or fill in some missing information. It is most likely #0928 was the White Heat road test car rather than #954 as the rego OPW667W was registered before 954 was built. It would be great to hear from you Brian!

Cheers,

Lex

Image may contain: car and outdoor
No photo description available.
This one is on FB with a snapped belt, I have asked for the chassis number but don’t think it’s on the register.

Registered 11/02/82 so quite a late dry sump

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

20 hours ago, brian_gt4 said:

Hi Lex.

Yes 10953 was built in Dec 1980. It was PTS on 17/12/1980 and Reg on 1/1/1981

10954 was PTS on 15/12/1980 - do not know what happened to this car

10928 was PTS on 25/11/1980 and Reg on 12/11/1980 as OPW667W as a Lotus Demo Car. It became knows as White Heat by the Motoring Press.

Cheers

Brian

Brian it’s absolutely great to hear from you.  Thanks for confirming those things and also giving me the build date of 954, I didn’t have this in stone. Andy Graham confirmed 3 cars were produced in 1980 in this FYEO spec (white, compomotives, Roof stereo, brown interior) so this confirms this was in fact the 3rd. Interesting the build date for 954 is before 953. It would be great for the 2 missing cars to re-surface one day. 953 still retains its factory brown interior thankfully. 

Thanks again,

Lex

Thanks Lex

That will be interesting and nice car to own with power steering, shame it lost the comps but being a development these were improvements with regards reliability.

Looks like they sell very high end cars so won’t be cheap.

B328F7A4-E46E-4683-95F1-6BEA1456BDC1.jpeg.b93c296461b9b23cfad407c885859a5b.jpeg

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Lex

When I was buying my S3 in 1989 I visited The London Lotus Centre and saw a red dry sump Esprit in there. Can't remember much more but I can across a list of cars for sale by them at that time.

Whilst all the cars have a registration number, unfortunately the dry sump one described as a "unique collectors opportunity" didn't.

thumbnail.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Lex

When I was buying my S3 in 1989 I visited The London Lotus Centre and saw a red dry sump Esprit in there. Can't remember much more but I can across a list of cars for sale by them at that time.

Whilst all the cars have a registration number, unfortunately the dry sump one described as a "unique collectors opportunity" didn't.

thumbnail.jpeg

Thanks Barrie, that sounds like 0997 with ‘Sunroof fitted’ Owner down as @SimonE
?

No bit of info is ever too small!

On 02/02/2020 at 07:53, stradman said:

Hi Guys, 

Just thought I would share what I found last month. I found a clip of my Ex Chapman car with Colin  riding shotgun as Maggie Thatcher was driving him! How cool is that? It was on a Channel 5 documentary about British cars a few years back. Found it on Youtube,-albeit it has Turkish subtitles....

And here is  Chassis 970 today!

Esprit chapman.JPG

Hi @stradmanYou are selling 970? A very special car indeed.

@Lotusfab your car is on this list as the second wet sump so far so I’ll add your cars details... am I right in correcting all the “tan” leather to “Gold“. Can you summarise your findings on the leather colour stuff. We have recently corrected the Tobacco to Brown as per Lotus wording and want to get the others right. Were there any variations in this light tan colour?

21 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Lex

thumbnail.jpeg

Nice find @Bazza 907 - 2nd one down was my old Turbo that I bought in 2008 and had for a couple of years. Still had it’s London Lotus Centre number plates. I changed it to D10LOT......on reflection I should have left it on its original plate. Cool to see an old ad of the car👍

7D952FC3-2FF1-4648-B132-53D6F8CA99A9.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dr_jayhart said:

On the dry sump register mine is down as having tan interior but lotus build sheet from Graham says colour champagne. 

Thanks Jason, will fix this. Thanks for the note...and yes yours is certainly a lot lighter in colour than the tan/gold